News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Where is this?

Started by US 89, December 10, 2018, 12:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 89

(I wasn't sure where to post this: mods, please move to whatever board it belongs in)

I encountered this picture on the Internet and, for the life of me, couldn't figure out where it was:

The van has Utah license plate SAYCHZZ.

sparker

^^^^^^^^^
I certainly wouldn't stake my life on it, but it looks a lot like US 101 (CA) along the Russian River between Cloverdale and Hopland; it was expanded to 4 lanes in the last few years (hence the fresh pavement).  The hills and the foliage are typical of that area. 

GenExpwy

Quote from: sparker on December 10, 2018, 01:34:33 AM
^^^^^^^^^
I certainly wouldn't stake my life on it, but it looks a lot like US 101 (CA) along the Russian River between Cloverdale and Hopland; it was expanded to 4 lanes in the last few years (hence the fresh pavement).  The hills and the foliage are typical of that area.

Yep.
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9187039,-123.0585334,3a,37.5y,2.07h,93.37t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-nXCZ1t7u8cyhIFgezUNYQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

US 89

Well, sure enough. Thanks for the help!  :sombrero:

sparker

Quote from: US 89 on December 10, 2018, 01:15:26 PM
Well, sure enough. Thanks for the help!  :sombrero:

You're more than welcome.  I used to live down in Windsor, about 20-odd miles south of there; haven't been north past Cotati since that horrific Santa Rosa "Tubbs" fire last year; need to get up on the newly-expanded 101 sooner than later.   The scenery's nice, but gets better once past Ukiah a few miles north -- en route to the Eel River redwood area. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.