News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Southeast / Re: Interstate 73/74
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 07:42:59 PM
Wade Avenue was originally I-40 before it got extended eastward. Although I-440 didn't exist then, it ended at US 1/64 then.

Why I bring this up is the same scenario with I-74 near Greensboro with part of an interstate being downgraded so it can be realigned to continue before its terminus.

I agree though, Wade Avenue should be numbered instead of having freeway with a non freeway street name. Even if it's an NC designation, it's an improvement.
Southeast / Re: Florida
Last post by roadman65 - Today at 07:27:11 PM
Here is photos of EB FL 690 along the newly opened Gateway Expressway.

Off-Topic / Re: New Oklahoma City Skyscrap...
Last post by Plutonic Panda - Today at 07:15:50 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on Today at 06:03:50 PM
Quote from: bwana39 on May 05, 2024, 09:32:42 PMOKC trying to say it is a world destination as opposed to a large city in a small state.

First time in OKC, eh?
I always cringe when I fly into the OKC Airport and see "You've arrived in a big league city" or something like that. It has pictures of a 50 story skyscraper, a pedestrian bridge, and some Asian guy cooking food.
Suggestions and Questions / Re: Theme Change?
Last post by Max Rockatansky - Today at 06:56:39 PM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 06:41:01 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 05:54:51 PMI've wondered myself if the temporary theme change turned off/deterred a lot of the P13-like posters. 

Then why change it back?

I'm fine with the new look myself.
Off-Topic / Re: Mortgage Payments should b...
Last post by kalvado - Today at 06:47:50 PM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 06:39:37 PMIf I eat the cake, I still have it.
Not for long, though.
Suggestions and Questions / Re: Theme Change?
Last post by Rothman - Today at 06:41:01 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on Today at 05:54:51 PMI've wondered myself if the temporary theme change turned off/deterred a lot of the P13-like posters. 

Then why change it back?
Last post by Rothman - Today at 06:39:37 PM
If I eat the cake, I still have it.
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by JayhawkCO - Today at 06:26:27 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on Today at 06:13:08 PMUnfortunately, a lot of hotels are doing this too, but instead of cleaning fees, they're "resort fees".

Your new hometown is king.
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Wisconsin notes
Last post by on_wisconsin - Today at 06:24:06 PM
Who's facking harebrained idea was it to have major lane closures on both I-94 bridges over the St. Croix at the same time:

This past weekend was almost just as backed up as today's afternoon rush...
Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 06:23:45 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on Today at 06:02:01 PMThe phrase "have your cake and eat it too" is referring to the fact that once you eat the cake, you no longer have it.

Paul Brians has a good explanation along the lines of what you've noted:

QuoteThe most popular form of this saying—"You can't have your cake and eat it too"— confuses many people because they mistakenly suppose the word "have" means "eat," as in "Have a piece of cake for dessert." A more logical version of this saying is "You can't eat your cake and have it too," meaning that if you eat your cake you won't have it any more. The point is that if you eat your cake right now you won't have it to eat later. "Have" means "possess" in this context, not "eat."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.