News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Highway 112

Started by bjrush, July 04, 2014, 07:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Quote from: bjrush on August 12, 2014, 05:36:25 PM

For reference, its 7500 on Highway 112 south of US 412 in Tontitown. If 7800 is the warrant for a 4-lane divided highway in Arkansas, we have a lot more important roads meeting that standard right here in Benton/Washington County (you know, where the people actually live)
There are lots of subdivisions along 112. I doubt a "bypass" along 112 would be of much help to them, and could be a hindrance.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

bjrush

Garland looks great, AHTD! Congrats, I bet a lot of people are happy to see that one done!
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

I finally got to drive it today. I noticed several several intersections with Flashing Yellow Arrows: something which the city of Fayetteville had been adamantly against.

The signal at 112/Holly/Mt Comfort Rd signal has no Protected Left Turn (Green Arrow) on the side streets: only Flashing Yellow, Steady Yellow and Steady Red.

I also noticed the signal at 112 and Drake near the fairgrounds seems to have eliminated the "Dallas Phasing" of Steady Green Ball for Left Turns with oncoming traffic and Red for Thru Traffic.  Left turning traffic has Red Ball/Green Arrow if Thru Traffic is Red. I didn't notice if any other intersections had changed.

M86

Quote from: bjrush on August 12, 2014, 05:36:25 PM
For reference, its 7500 on Highway 112 south of US 412 in Tontitown. If 7800 is the warrant for a 4-lane divided highway in Arkansas, we have a lot more important roads meeting that standard right here in Benton/Washington County (you know, where the people actually live)
Sigh.  So growth projections are nothing?  Planning ahead?  Being proactive instead of reactive?  It's like the local municipalities and AHTD are just against planning for future growth.

bjrush

Are you saying Madison County is going to outpace growth in north Fayetteville?
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on September 19, 2014, 11:26:03 PM
Are you saying Madison County is going to outpace growth in north Fayetteville?

I doubt that will ever happen. Madison County is very rural and downtown Huntsville looks dead most of the time

bjrush

Construction coming along nicely between Leroy Pond and MLK. I didn't go through at peak time but traffic seems to keep moving through there
Woo Pig Sooie

bjrush

There continue to be whispers of a Highway 112 widening along the west side of Fayetteville and Springdale

It would be nice, but likely a huge project. They need a new alignment through there
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on December 06, 2014, 02:13:31 PM
There continue to be whispers of a Highway 112 widening along the west side of Fayetteville and Springdale

It would be nice, but likely a huge project. They need a new alignment through there

Van Asche is being straightened and widened behind ROTC/Grill so there will be another access to the mall and Wal-Mart.

bjrush

The work between Leroy Pond and MLK looks great. On to the segment along Maple Street...
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on July 19, 2015, 06:35:53 PM
The work between Leroy Pond and MLK looks great. On to the segment along Maple Street...

Nope. No money.

AHTD

Sad, but true.

We pulled the job that would have widened between Maple and Garland. The section between Leroy Pond and Maple (immediately adjacent to the stadium) is still in design phase, but alas, no money identified at this time.

The section between MLK and Leroy Pond is amazing! Nice job!
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

US71

Quote from: AHTD on July 21, 2015, 01:18:26 PM
Sad, but true.

We pulled the job that would have widened between Maple and Garland. The section between Leroy Pond and Maple (immediately adjacent to the stadium) is still in design phase, but alas, no money identified at this time.

I see the 112 project at the UofA is back on the schedule

bjrush

So I believe at one point AHTD planned to widen Hwy 112 bridge over I-49 to 5 lanes and now I am hearing just 3 lanes and a bike lane? This makes no sense. This is the chance to get in there and right size things. How many times can one entity tack on lanes to a bridge before it comes time to tear it down and start over?
Woo Pig Sooie

bjrush

Quote from: US71 on December 05, 2015, 09:45:50 AM
Quote from: AHTD on July 21, 2015, 01:18:26 PM
Sad, but true.

I see the 112 project at the UofA is back on the schedule

I believe utilities have already been moved for that section
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on March 20, 2016, 11:46:11 AM
So I believe at one point AHTD planned to widen Hwy 112 bridge over I-49 to 5 lanes and now I am hearing just 3 lanes and a bike lane? This makes no sense. This is the chance to get in there and right size things. How many times can one entity tack on lanes to a bridge before it comes time to tear it down and start over?
That's basically what they did to Porter Road. Also Old Greenwood Rd at 540 in Fort Smith.

bjrush

Just mind blowing that it will take 3.5 years to do BB0414 and we still won't have a 4 or 5 lane bridge over I-49

They are supposedly planning to make a new Hwy 112 corridor to Bville. Fat chance if they can't even manage this key improvement
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on March 20, 2016, 04:55:16 PM
Just mind blowing that it will take 3.5 years to do BB0414 and we still won't have a 4 or 5 lane bridge over I-49

They are supposedly planning to make a new Hwy 112 corridor to Bville. Fat chance if they can't even manage this key improvement

112 was one of the Alternates for "new" US 71 (now I-49) north of Fayetteville, and that was 30 years ago.

bjrush

Widening is underway on the Highway 112 bridge over I-49. I believe all they are adding is a bike lane though (courtesy City of Fayetteville)
Woo Pig Sooie

bjrush

Breaking news out of Fayetteville

Highway 112 to become a city street

http://arasce.org/articles.php?id=12&bypassCookie=1
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on January 03, 2017, 11:11:50 PM
Breaking news out of Fayetteville

Highway 112 to become a city street

http://arasce.org/articles.php?id=12&bypassCookie=1

I wonder if they will "officially" extend 16 from 15th to MLK or if 265 will be extended?

Seems to me they are decommissioning the wrong highways. Lots of short roads that could be released to the counties, like AR 369/ Charcoal Plant Rd in Logan County.

bjrush

From what I understand, they would love to turn those back but the counties don't want to take them.

The cities want control over design (Fayetteville) and ability to snow plow them (Bentonville)
Woo Pig Sooie

US71

Quote from: bjrush on January 04, 2017, 10:10:49 AM
From what I understand, they would love to turn those back but the counties don't want to take them.

The cities want control over design (Fayetteville) and ability to snow plow them (Bentonville)
I find it ironic that Fayetteville wants tree-lined boulevards after years of cutting everything down.

I know Rogers removed 62B and rerouted 12 a few years back, but I figure that was to keep trucks out the old downtown area (ditto AR 72 in Bentonville)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.