News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

NTTA messes up their web site

Started by wxfree, March 09, 2023, 11:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wxfree

NTTA really messed up their web site.  Previously, it emphasized roads and TollTags.  Now the "Roads & Projects" link is one in a group of six, with "About Us," "Procurement," "News & Resources," "Careers," and "Financial Information."  It's like those business web sites that emphasize history, corporate structure, executives, and the board of directors instead of things like store locations and products.  I've also seen school web sites that emphasize the administrators and board members instead of the campuses and activities.  They're putting stuff that belongs on the back page in front instead of emphasizing what people are actually interested in.

They also got rid of the good maps.  The previous PDF maps showed each exit and entrance ramp and all of the toll points.  Now they just show green lines.  To see a good map, you have to go to "Plan Your Trip," click "Learn More," then "Toll Rates" (not "Maps") and then "View Our Toll Rate Map" (once you find it, that's when they tell you it's a map).  When you open it, you get a zoomable Google-like map, not a file you can download and easily view later.  When you zoom in far enough it shows you each ramp and where the toll points are, and the price at each one.  To see the details you have to zoom in so far you can't see the whole road or where it is relative to everything else.

If you want to drive on the roads and know where the ramps are and what it costs, you're in for an adventure navigating a maze.  But if you're interested in procurement, they put right up front.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

bwana39

I don't really see that. The stuff you discuss is on the bottom of the page.  The stuff you are missing except maybe the exact costs of tolls per segment are readily available on the top half of the front page at ntta.org
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

Road Hog

I've had issues with NTTA's website for months. I looked into buying a TollTag online and couldn't get it to accept my inputted info. Maybe one day I'll drive to the nearest TollTag store in west Plano, but I'd rather not.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.