News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-69 in LA (and LA 3132/Shreveport Inner Loop Extension)

Started by Grzrd, April 27, 2011, 06:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

The Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments ("NLCOG") has posted its December 2014 Draft Long Range Transportation Plan 2035 Update.  The timetable for road projects is essentially divided into three parts: (1) the current 2015-18 TIP, (2) the Short-Range Program (FY 2019 and 2020), and the Long-Range Program (FY 2021-2035).  I was mildly surprised/disappointed that the I-69 Red River Bridge project (I think) is placed in the Long-Range Program instead of the Short-Range Program. Apparently, the I-220 extension to Barksdale is a higher priority and has been placed in the Short-Range program (page 48/53 of pdf; page 6-4 of document):

Here is a snip from the Long-Range Program; I am a little confused that it only references I-69 from US 71 to I-20, which would not include the Red River Bridge (possible draft typo? - US 171 to I-20 would encompass all of SIU 15, including the Red River Bridge) (page 50/53 of pdf; page 6-6 of document):

Due to the uncertainties surrounding the I-49 Inner City Connector and the LA 3132 Inner Loop extension, I am not surprised that they are included in the Long-Range Program.  However, the recent issuance of the Record of Decision for I-69 SIU 15 seems to make it possible that work on SIU 15 could start in the FY 2019-2020 time frame.  That said, NLCOG has greater priorities and not much money to make it happen.

If anyone is interested, NLCOG will accept written comments on the Draft Plan through January 16, 2015.

Grzrd

Quote from: Grzrd on November 20, 2014, 08:58:38 AM
The Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments ("NLCOG") has posted its Transportation Policy Committee November 21, 2014 Agenda ... The November 21 Agenda also indicates that they want to conduct a SIU 16 Stage 1 environmental study within Louisiana, which I suppose makes sense because Texas intends to upgrade US 84 to interstate standards on its side of the state line.
Quote from: Grzrd on December 17, 2014, 08:26:17 PM
KTBS has another page featuring the above video that also includes some text from the video:
"Texas is working to upgrade US 59 to interstate standards[/b] for the great majority of that project,"  Rogers said.
The upgrades include the part of US 59 to Texarkana, which worries the northwest Louisiana's council of government or NLCOG.
The group said it appears Texas is not worried about the segment connecting to Louisiana, and by only focusing on US 59 separates Louisiana from the preferred corridor. NLCOG noted in a recent briefing, "If that is a fact, it would have a drastically negative impact on the utility of I-69 for the state of Louisiana." ....
The webpage also has a link to NLCOG's "recent briefing", which is an October 2014 I-69 Status Report.

In the December 2014 I-69 System (I-369) Harrison County/Marshall Route Study Working Group Recommendation Report, the following language may support NLCOG's concerns that TxDOT is ignoring its responsibilities as the lead agency for I-69 SIU 16 in both Texas and Louisiana by studying only the Texas component of I-69 SIU 16 (page 7/25 of pdf; page 7 of document):

The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is working to find the most appropriate means to develop the I-69 System from Texarkana and the Louisiana state line to the Mexico border in the Lower Rio Grande Valley and Laredo.

Although failing to mention the section of SIU 16 in Louisiana from US 171 to the Texas state line is probably understandable, doing so provides another argument for Louisiana to conduct its own study of SIU 16 in Louisiana.

txstateends

Quote from: Grzrd on January 07, 2015, 03:15:49 PM
The Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments ("NLCOG") has posted its Transportation Policy Committee November 21, 2014 Agenda ... The November 21 Agenda also indicates that they want to conduct a SIU 16 Stage 1 environmental study within Louisiana, which I suppose makes sense because Texas intends to upgrade US 84 to interstate standards on its side of the state line.
KTBS has another page featuring the above video that also includes some text from the video:
"Texas is working to upgrade US 59 to interstate standards[/b] for the great majority of that project,"  Rogers said.
The upgrades include the part of US 59 to Texarkana, which worries the northwest Louisiana's council of government or NLCOG.
The group said it appears Texas is not worried about the segment connecting to Louisiana, and by only focusing on US 59 separates Louisiana from the preferred corridor. NLCOG noted in a recent briefing, "If that is a fact, it would have a drastically negative impact on the utility of I-69 for the state of Louisiana." ....
The webpage also has a link to NLCOG's "recent briefing", which is an October 2014 I-69 Status Report.

In the December 2014 I-69 System (I-369) Harrison County/Marshall Route Study Working Group Recommendation Report, the following language may support NLCOG's concerns that TxDOT is ignoring its responsibilities as the lead agency for I-69 SIU 16 in both Texas and Louisiana by studying only the Texas component of I-69 SIU 16 (page 7/25 of pdf; page 7 of document):

The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is working to find the most appropriate means to develop the I-69 System from Texarkana and the Louisiana state line to the Mexico border in the Lower Rio Grande Valley and Laredo.

Although failing to mention the section of SIU 16 in Louisiana from US 171 to the Texas state line is probably understandable, doing so provides another argument for Louisiana to conduct its own study of SIU 16 in Louisiana.

Wow, this sounds like it may end up as a who-will-blink-first a-la the I-49 border situations at both AR-LA and MO-AR.  Hopefully it doesn't and cooperation/sanity will prevail.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

cjk374

I really don't know why Texas got put in charge of Louisiana's land.  Louisiana should be working on Louisiana's land, and Texas working on their land.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

codyg1985

Quote from: cjk374 on January 07, 2015, 06:47:37 PM

I really don't know why Texas got put in charge of Louisiana's land.  Louisiana should be working on Louisiana's land, and Texas working on their land.

Louisiana is also in charge of SIU 17 that goes up into Arkansas to I think El Dorado.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Grzrd

Quote from: codyg1985 on January 07, 2015, 08:32:40 PM
Louisiana is also in charge of SIU 17 that goes up into Arkansas to I think El Dorado.

LaDOTD was the lead agency for SIU 14 (Shreveport, LA to El Dorado, AR) and did a fine job in leading the process, in cooperation with AHTD, that resulted in an August, 2011 I-69 SIU 14 Final Environmental Impact Statement:

http://wwwsp.dotd.la.gov/Inside_LaDOTD/Divisions/Engineering/Environmental/Documents/I-69%20SIUs%2014%20and%2015/I-69%20SIU%2014/I-69%20SIU%2014%20FEIS%208-2011.pdf

FHWA later issued a Record of Decision for I-69 SIU 14 in April, 2012:

http://wwwsp.dotd.la.gov/Inside_LaDOTD/Divisions/Engineering/Environmental/Documents/I-69%20SIUs%2014%20and%2015/I-69%20SIU%2014/I-69%20SIU%2014%20Signed%20ROD%20%2004-27-2012.pdf

edit

The project even had a logo using the "boot" formed by the two states:

IIRC Arkansas and LSU play for a trophy called "The Boot" in their annual football game.

galador

Quote from: Grzrd on January 07, 2015, 11:21:32 PMIIRC Arkansas and LSU play for a trophy called "The Boot" in their annual football game.

You do recall correctly:

Grzrd

The Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments ("NLCOG") has posted its Transportation Policy Committee November 21, 2014 Agenda and it looks like they .... want to conduct a SIU 16 Stage 1 environmental study within Louisiana
"Texas is working to upgrade US 59 to interstate standards for the great majority of that project,"  Rogers said.
The group said it appears Texas is not worried about the segment connecting to Louisiana, and by only focusing on US 59 separates Louisiana from the preferred corridor. NLCOG noted in a recent briefing, "If that is a fact, it would have a drastically negative impact on the utility of I-69 for the state of Louisiana."
Quote from: txstateends on January 07, 2015, 06:42:53 PM
Wow, this sounds like it may end up as a who-will-blink-first a-la the I-49 border situations at both AR-LA and MO-AR.  Hopefully it doesn't and cooperation/sanity will prevail.
Quote from: cjk374 on January 07, 2015, 06:47:37 PM

The Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments ("NLCOG") has posted its Transportation Policy Committee November 21, 2014 Draft Minutes, which reflect that NLCOG has requested that Secretary LeBas authorize LaDOTD to conduct an I‐69 SIU 16 NEPA Environmental Impact Study for the portion within Louisiana and to use current earmarked funds to pay for the study:

Mayor Walker moved on to the next item, I‐69 SIU 16 NEPA Environmental Impact Study, stating it is in our best interest to start this process. Mr. Rogers stated in his request to Secretary LeBas, Texas DOT is ignoring this portion of the project and asked to start the environmental document for the portion that is in Louisiana. Mayor Walker gave a brief overview of the project.
Dr. Wilson motioned to approve the Request use of Federal Earmarked funds for the development of a Stage 1 NEPA Environmental Impact Study for I‐69 SIU 16 within Louisiana; seconded by Mayor Glover. The motion passed unanimously.

Grzrd

On www.la3132.com, LaDOTD has posted FHWA's December 9, 2014 Logical Termini Approval of LA 526, LA 1, and Future I-69 for the LA 3132 extension.  Also posted is a January 9, 2015 Stage 1 Environmental Study Solicitation of Views packet, in which the Purpose and Need of the project is described as follows:

It is still envisioned as a high-speed full control access project.

Grzrd

Quote from: Grzrd on December 20, 2014, 10:47:39 AM
The Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments ("NLCOG") has posted its December 2014 Draft Long Range Transportation Plan 2035 Update.  The timetable for road projects is essentially divided into three parts: (1) the current 2015-18 TIP, (2) the Short-Range Program (FY 2019 and 2020), and the Long-Range Program (FY 2021-2035).  I was mildly surprised/disappointed that the I-69 Red River Bridge project (I think) is placed in the Long-Range Program instead of the Short-Range Program.
Quote from: Grzrd on February 05, 2015, 10:49:27 PM
this article reports that the six Congressmen who formed the 2013 Caucus are all still in office and have re-launched the I-69 Caucus .... However, it looks like neither Arkansas nor Louisiana currently has a member in the Caucus.
(bottom quote from Bipartisan I-69 Congressional Caucus thread)

This article reports that leaders from Caddo and Bossier parishes recently held a brainstorming session, in part to see if I-69 can be completed during their lifetimes:

Planners and leaders from agencies and businesses across Caddo and Bossier parishes met Thursday to study figures on population growth and set up a framework to divine future needs, from transportation and water supplies to schools and hospitals.
Sponsored by the Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments and facilitated by the Alliance Transportation Group, the four-hour meeting was a Delphi process kickoff meeting, where the more than 60 invited participants met, possibly for the only time, to brainstorm.
Delphi is "a brainstorming and consensus-building process developed by the defense industry and aerospace industry back in the 1960s," Alliance Director of Planning Jim Harvey said. These "use a group of experts to explore issues that past activity or performance historical trends don't necessarily predict future outcomes."
That's particularly important now, he said, since the nation is slowly recovering from a recession that has lasted almost a decade ....
Faces in the crowd included Shreveport Downtown Development Authority head Liz Swaine, Bossier Parish Administrator Bill Altimus, Cyber Innovation Center Vice President G.B. Cazes, Shreveport Public Assembly and Recreation Director Shelly Ragle, SporTran Director Dinero Washington, BPCC Risk Management Director (and former Bossier City Council Member) David Jones and Bossier Parish Parish Engineer Butch Ford.
The last three were among a group of eight people sitting at one table, typical of the mini-brainstorm sessions that took place in the Bodcau Room of the Bossier Civic Center.
Issues bounced around the table ranged from the potential for growth at Barksdale Air Force Base, especially if Global Strike Command there is bumped up to four-star status, to drainage issues, to whether Interstate 69 will be realized during the lifetime of those present, to the interaction between the two parishes.

Strongly encouraging a Congressperson from the Caddo/Bossier area to participate in the Congressional I-69 Caucus might be a reasonable first step towards at least completing I-69 SIU 15 in their lifetimes.

Anthony_JK

I believe that the Congressman representing Shreveport/Bossier at this time is John Fleming. Unfortunately, he's a pretty radical Tea Party-type conservative Republican whom has said in the past that the Federal government should have nothing to do with funding transportation, and he's solidly against raising the gas tax. I guess for him, it's either tolls or nothing re: I-69 in Louisiana.

Grzrd

Quote from: Anthony_JK on February 06, 2015, 08:41:25 PM
I believe that the Congressman representing Shreveport/Bossier at this time is John Fleming. Unfortunately, he's a pretty radical Tea Party-type conservative Republican whom has said in the past that the Federal government should have nothing to do with funding transportation, and he's solidly against raising the gas tax. I guess for him, it's either tolls or nothing re: I-69 in Louisiana.

In looking at Fleming's website, it appears that, back in the earmarks era (specifically 2009), he sought $1.28 billion in federal appropriations to complete I-69 in Louisiana.  He later took credit for securing the $750,000 that was ultimately allocated to Louisiana's section of I-69 that year.  With that in his history, it seems like he would consider participating in the Caucus (and maybe he will, but simply not be one of the six co-chairs).

Grzrd

Quote from: Anthony_JK on March 05, 2015, 12:53:38 PM
LA 3132 has been truncated
(above quote from Moving I-69 Out of NWLA (Responding to NE2) thread)

This March 6 TV video reports on a trip by representatives of the Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce to Washington, D.C. in order to lobby for funding in regard to several projects.  What I find interesting about the report is that the Chamber speaks of completion of the LA 3132 Inner Loop Extension in the same breath as completion of the I-49 Inner City Connector in terms of importance to the Greater Shreveport area:

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line.
The Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce is using basic geometry to make their point to lawmakers in Washington D.C. about building the I-49 inner city connector and completing the 3132 Inner Loop, direct to the Port of Shreveport/Bossier.

"It's a no-brainer," says Robert Dean, the chamber's chairman of the board ....
"It's kind of like baseball," adds Dean.
"We've got our foot hovering over home plate. And we can finish the two little spurs of road and basically bring to fruition the full ability to utilize the assets of I-49, 3132 and the port."

Yes, the LA 3132 extension is on life support, but the Chamber apparently thinks it is important enough to allow to mature to a fully productive life.

Dave H

Hi, I'm new to this site and have learned quite a bit about the road projects in the Shreveport/Bossier area.  It seems to me, finishing I-49 through the downtown area and then getting I-69 construction started should be the priority.  The Shreveport/Bossier area will be sitting pretty for future growth with 3 major interstates triangulating the area. 

One thing new that I learned here was the proposed 220 extension, south of I-20 to create a new entrance to Barksdale AFB.  I can't understand the logic in that, unless it is contingent on a big expansion of Barksdale. 

One other observation:  The I-69 SIU-15 construction priority is to first build the bridge over the Red River and connect w/ Hwy 71 on the Bossier side and Hwy 1 on the Shreveport side, right at the Port.  Could the I-69 bridge make the new, second Jimmy Davis bridge a lower priority.???  There's only so much money to go around! 

Priority #2 on I-69 SIU-15 is then to connect to the Red River bridge to I-49.  If this happens, does Hwy 3132 extension need to happen?  Again, there's only so much money to go around.

Just a few humble observations and opinions from an interested taxpayer.

bassoon1986

Hi Dave! Welcome to the forum! I'm from Shreveport, too. I love in Woodworth now,just south of Alexandria.

Grzrd

Quote from: Dave H on March 21, 2015, 11:50:54 AM
Hi, I'm new to this site ....
Priority #2 on I-69 SIU-15 is then to connect to the Red River bridge to I-49.  If this happens, does Hwy 3132 extension need to happen?
Just a few humble observations and opinions from an interested taxpayer.

Welcome!  You may want to circle May 7 on your calendar for an opportunity to ask your Highway 3132 extension question at a NLCOG Open House Public Meeting regarding the LA 3132 (Inner Loop) Extension:

NLCOG and the LA 3132 Stage 1 Environmental Study Project Team will conduct a Public Meeting for a proposed extension of LA 3132 to initiate public involvement'on the project.
This project is currently in the planning stage. Representatives of the project team will be present to receive comments and answer questions related to the proposed project ... All interested parties are invited and encouraged to attend. The Public Meeting will be offered at two sites for convenience ....
Members of the public may arrive at any time during the meetings. The meeting will include a brief, continuously-running slide presentation, project team availability for direct questions during an open house, followed by a question and answer session in the final 30 minutes.

One of the meetings should provide a great opportunity for you to follow up on your interest.

The I-69 SIU-15 construction priority is to first build the bridge over the Red River and connect w/ Hwy 71 on the Bossier side and Hwy 1 on the Shreveport side, right at the Port.  Could the I-69 bridge make the new, second Jimmy Davis bridge a lower priority.???  There's only so much money to go around!

FWIW I agree with you, particularly if the Arthur Ray Teague Parkway southern extension is completed around the time that the I-69 Red River bridge is completed, as I mentioned in this post.

Grzrd

Quote from: Grzrd on January 12, 2015, 01:25:18 PM
The Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments ("NLCOG") has posted its Transportation Policy Committee November 21, 2014 Draft Minutes, which reflect that NLCOG has requested that Secretary LeBas authorize LaDOTD to conduct an I‐69 SIU 16 NEPA Environmental Impact Study for the portion within Louisiana and to use current earmarked funds to pay for the study

The Alliance for I-69 Texas Resource Center page now includes a link to an April 22, 2015 State-by-state status updates presented to the I-69 Congressional Caucus PowerPoint presentation.  Page 16/24 of the presentation discusses SIU 16, but it gives no indication that Louisiana is conducting its own NEPA review for the Louisiana section of SIU 16:

I suppose that there is no real need to hurry ..........................

Grzrd

Quote from: Grzrd on April 08, 2015, 12:46:19 PM
Priority #2 on I-69 SIU-15 is then to connect to the Red River bridge to I-49.  If this happens, does Hwy 3132 extension need to happen?
You may want to circle May 7 on your calendar for an opportunity to ask your Highway 3132 extension question at a NLCOG Open House Public Meeting regarding the LA 3132 (Inner Loop) Extension

Also, this article reports that the I-69 Mid Continent  Coalition, Inc. will hold a series of public forums this month to discuss the status of the Interstate 69 project, with a May 6 meeting in Bossier City, a May 13 meeting in Homer, and a May 20 meeting in Stonewall:

Bossier City Mayor Lo Walker, who is president of the I-69 Mid Continent  Coalition, Inc. executive committee, plans to attend this week's meeting in Bossier as well as others scheduled later this month. Walker, along with Max LeComte, Executive Director of the Coordinating and Development Corporation (who also serves as the Mid Continent Coalition Louisiana vice-president) will be on hand to provide the public with an overview of the I-69 project.
The public  is invited to attend and will be able to ask questions about plans regarding development of I-69 in northwest Louisiana.
There will also be an opportunity to sign up to become a Team Member of the I-69 Coalition, Inc.

edit

I think each meeting will focus on a particular I-69 SIU, i.e. May 6 (SIU 15), May 13 (SIU 14), and May 20 (SIU 16):

The first meeting will be held in Bossier City Wednesday, May 6, for Bossier, Caddo and Red River Parishes .... The next meetings will be held Wednesday, May 13 ...  (For Claiborne, Webster, Lincoln, and Bienville Parishes) and Wednesday, May 20 ...  (For DeSoto, Sabine, and Natchitoches Parishes).

Quote from: Grzrd on April 26, 2015, 09:02:15 PM
The Alliance for I-69 Texas Resource Center page now includes a link to an April 22, 2015 State-by-state status updates presented to the I-69 Congressional Caucus PowerPoint presentation.  Page 16/24 of the presentation discusses SIU 16, but it gives no indication that Louisiana is conducting its own NEPA review for the Louisiana section of SIU 16

Maybe the May 20 meeting will provide some insight as to whether LaDOTD is proceeding with a NEPA review for Louisiana's section of I-69 SIU 16.

thefro

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/local/2015/05/06/progress-ki69-forum/70908330/

QuoteFor too long Interstate 69 has taken a back seat to Interstate 49 and Bossier City Mayor Lo Walker wants to change that.

"I love I-49 but I'm ready to get to work on I-69," Walker told about 30 people gathered Wednesday afternoon in the Bossier Civic Center for the first of three public forums on the planned interstate. Walker is president of the I-69 Mid-Continent Highway Coalition executive committee.

Admittedly, construction of the interstate, stretching 2,000 miles from Michigan's border with Canada southward to Mexico, is perhaps up to a decade or two away. But the time is now, Walker said, to refocus Louisiana residents on the benefits of the highway and what they can do to help speed it along.

The most influence citizens can have is making sure their state and national lawmakers know of their support. "We're restarting our efforts to inform and get people behind it," Walker said.

Three sections will cross through northwest Louisiana. One enters the state from near El Dorado, Ark., and ends at Haughton. The second extends from Haughton to Stonewall, and the third leaves Stonewall and juts into Texas from Logansport, where already a two-span bridge is being constructed over the Sabine River.

Estimated Louisiana costs: $29 billion. And therein lies the problem: Where is the money? The project requires an 80/20 split of federal and state funds.

"That's the big elephant in the room," Walker said.

Church opposes La. 3132 alternative route

"Creative funding" may be the answer, said Kent Rogers, Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments president.

In a meeting in Washington, D.C., last week, Walker said ideas such as repatriation of funds from outside of the U.S., tolls roads and public-private partnerships were tossed about. One clear message was to not look at a gasoline tax increase.

"In the long term they will look at anything and everything ... every type of option out there for funding," Rogers said.

Some federal funds in hand are earmarked for bridge projects so building a new four-lane span over the Red River near the Port of Shreveport-Bossier will be the first segment slated for construction.

Max LeComte, executive committee vice president and Coordinating and Development Corporation president, is confident in I-69's future because of its importance in the nation's freight system. The Panama Canal is being deepened and widened, meaning eventually more foreign cargo ships will take that route to ports along the southern coast.

"There will be emphasis on funding where it ties into freight," LeComte said. "The heart of our future is in our transportation system."

Another request to the congressional delegation is getting I-69 designated as a national freight corridor. An example of its benefit to heavy haulers is the savings of 8 hours on a drive from Port Huron to Mexico, Walker said.

The next step for NLCOG is to work with municipalities along the route to make sure regulations are in place to keep development from encroaching on the defined corridors, Rogers said.

NLCOG is also working to add I-69 information to its website for public access and to drive interest.

Anthony_JK

$29 BILLION for Louisiana's share of I-69? Really?? When the entire I-49 South extension will cost less than $2 billion? Someone needs to proofread their stories over there. I assume they meant $2B for LA's segment of I-69, right?

cjk374

That has to be a typo. Even with the new Red River bridge, there is no way it will take $29B to build that.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Chris

Grzrd

Quote from: Anthony_JK on May 08, 2015, 08:56:11 PM
$29 BILLION for Louisiana's share of I-69? Really?? When the entire I-49 South extension will cost less than $2 billion? Someone needs to proofread their stories over there. I assume they meant $2B for LA's segment of I-69, right?

Yes, $2 billion is the estimated cost to complete I-69 SIUs 14 and 15 in Louisiana (but does not include a cost estimate to complete I-69 SIU 16 in Louisiana), as reflected in this slide from an April 22, 2015 state-by-state status updates presented to the I-69 Congressional Caucus PowerPoint (linked on this page (slide 17/54)):

The $29 billion figure is approximately the estimate to complete the entire I-69 Corridor in the U.S., as reflected in this slide from the Mississippi part of the presentation (slide 28/54 of PowerPoint):

Grzrd

The Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments ("NLCOG") now has an I-69 Information Outlet page on its website.  The intent for the page is for it to be a repository of a lot of Louisiana I-69 information:

The intent of this site is to provide current information regarding the status of I-69 within Northwest Louisiana. Further, this site will serve as an I-69 data resource consisting of links to news releases/articles, map graphics, and pertinent images.

Let's hope that NLCOG fulfills its intent.

Grzrd

Quote from: Grzrd on April 08, 2015, 12:46:19 PM
You may want to circle May 7 on your calendar for an opportunity to ask your Highway 3132 extension question at a NLCOG Open House Public Meeting regarding the LA 3132 (Inner Loop) Extension

The Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments ("NLCOG") has posted the Information Flyer for the May 7 meeting, which includes a map for each of the four build alternatives.  This May 8 Shreveport Times article reports that the route alternatives have been adjusted from their Stage 0 versions:

Kent Rogers, executive director of the Northwest Louisiana Council of Governments, said the alignment of the alternative routes has been adjusted since the La. 3132 Inner Loop Extension's Stage 0 Feasibility Study concluded.
Sections of the routes were shifted up in some areas or down in other areas. Rogers said public input gathered from Thursday's sessions will be used to make additional changes.

The article describes the alternatives as follows:

The alternatives include:
- A "no build" option
- Alternative A – a 3.3 mile controlled-access roadway extending La. 3132 at East Flournoy Lucas Road to La. 1.
- Alternative B1 – a 6.6 mile controlled-access roadway extending La. 3132 at East Flournoy Lucas Road to the future Interstate 69 corridor near Naylor Airstrip.
- Alternative B2 –a 5.9 mile controlled-access roadway extending La. 3132 also from East Flournoy Lucas Road to the future I-69 corridor to Naylor Airstrip.
- Alternative C – a 3.8 mile controlled access roadway extending from La. 3132 near East Bert Kouns Industrial Loop to La. 1 near Leonard Road.

Meanwhile, the Finish 3132 Coalition still suspects that NLCOG is trying to steer the process to the "no build" option:

Building a Louisiana highway is one of the most awfully political, inscrutable and insanely expensive - in all ways - processes known to man, woman or child. Attending one of these "public meetings" is a taste of the mayhem. First escorted into a darkened-room for a video presentation complete with robotic narration, we then proceeded to a display of all manner of maps and and easels and other devices, ordered and hastened to fill out this sheet or form or card, then directed to put them on or into this box or table.
Emphasis here is on making sure no questions of any kind somehow escape some silly taxpayer's brain and mouth, no matter how accidentally. In fact, the lengths to which these people go to completely stomp-out citizen participation make these confabs a raw and open assault on our rights.
When we were done, mass rolling of eyes and shaking of heads over until the next time, one thing of real importance had occurred. The would-be Esplanade development of Bossier City Councilman Tim Larkin was additionally protected, at the expense of some homeowners in the Twelve Oaks subdivision in Shreveport ....
All that being said, there is a good chance that a "No Build," the only study outcome which fully protects Esplanade, may be the result of this Stage 1 Study. Two additional meetings from and by NLCOG will occur between now and a decision, supposedly early next year.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.