News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

business using real US-66 button copy around the I-44/OK-66 interchange in tulsa

Started by Breadman17, January 13, 2023, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breadman17

So i went on a road trip from pittsburgh PA to phoenix AZ not relatively long ago. We had to pass through Tulsa on I-44 at one point but with the construction going on around the OK-66 interchange, I ended up screwing something up and we ended up on OK-66 through new sapulpa rd around that area. I remember very specifically that on that road there was a business using a real (or at least a stunningly accurate replica of a) california-esque US-66 button copy freeway sign inside of their business sign but i cant for the life of me remember the exact spot where it was. I'm certain it was in that spot but i wasn't able to find it on google maps. With a long road trip like that, though, it's possible I was just going crazy haha. Does anyone know what I'm talking about????
ASU or bust!!!

Mapmikey

Quote from: Breadman17 on January 13, 2023, 05:43:01 PM
So i went on a road trip from pittsburgh PA to phoenix AZ not relatively long ago. We had to pass through Tulsa on I-44 at one point but with the construction going on around the OK-66 interchange, I ended up screwing something up and we ended up on OK-66 through new sapulpa rd around that area. I remember very specifically that on that road there was a business using a real (or at least a stunningly accurate replica of a) california-esque US-66 button copy freeway sign inside of their business sign but i cant for the life of me remember the exact spot where it was. I'm certain it was in that spot but i wasn't able to find it on google maps. With a long road trip like that, though, it's possible I was just going crazy haha. Does anyone know what I'm talking about????

it is here - https://goo.gl/maps/hidtRNWAFXEzLvbi7

bugo

You can't mention button copy and Tulsa together without mentioning these signs.

CoreySamson

^ Wait, do those still exist? If they do, I want to take a picture.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

bugo

Quote from: CoreySamson on January 13, 2023, 10:12:00 PM
^ Wait, do those still exist? If they do, I want to take a picture.

Unless they have been removed in the last year, yes.

Breadman17

Quote from: Mapmikey on January 13, 2023, 07:33:09 PM
Quote from: Breadman17 on January 13, 2023, 05:43:01 PM

it is here - https://goo.gl/maps/hidtRNWAFXEzLvbi7

Yep!!! I was starting to doubt it existed at this point haha. i wonder how they got it? I want one!!
ASU or bust!!!

Breadman17

damn i didn't see those on the way to phoenix. Had no idea they were there unfortunately  :-(
ASU or bust!!!

Scott5114

Quote from: Breadman17 on January 14, 2023, 03:49:29 AM
Yep!!! I was starting to doubt it existed at this point haha. i wonder how they got it? I want one!!

It's an auction business, so they probably got it through the usual means that auction businesses get things.

If you want one...Got $3495? (Yes, they're serious. Yes, that's how much they usually cost.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Breadman17

ehhh maybe i don't have THAT much laying around but i can dream cant i
ASU or bust!!!

bugo

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.