Adulthoods: What we through of as kids verses actual reality

Started by ZLoth, March 19, 2023, 09:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

My favorite was: "When you're an adult, you'll think (insert bad government idea here) is a good idea."

Um, no.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: bandit957 on March 21, 2023, 01:49:38 AM
My favorite was: "When you're an adult, you'll think (insert bad government idea here) is a good idea."

Um, no.
My dad when talking about lack of taxes and givernment spending lol.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hotdogPi

Quote from: kphoger on March 21, 2023, 01:05:46 PM
Is this thread supposed to be different in any way from the Youthful Misconceptions one?

Yes. That thread is in General Highway Talk. This one is in Off-Topic.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

formulanone

Quote from: bandit957 on March 21, 2023, 01:49:38 AM

Um, no.

Sometimes parenting is just putting out fires and plugging leaks when neither is conveniently occurring in the same place.

Henry

I once had dreams of moving to L.A., becoming a famous actor and driving a Cadillac. Sadly, I only got one thing done, and even then, I faced the harsh reality of living in a dull, smog-filled city as opposed to what I thought of it as a kid, which was the sunniest, glitziest and most fabulous city in the world where everyone living there was a millionaire. After 12 years as both a student and a resident, I finally grew tired of it, and moved north to Seattle. Sure, it isn't nearly as sunny as L.A., with those dreary, rainy days and such, but at least I don't have to worry about the frigid cold as much as I did in Chicago, even though I loved playing in the snow in my youth.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

SectorZ

Quote from: Henry on March 21, 2023, 09:47:41 PM
I once had dreams of moving to L.A., becoming a famous actor and driving a Cadillac. Sadly, I only got one thing done, and even then, I faced the harsh reality of living in a dull, smog-filled city as opposed to what I thought of it as a kid, which was the sunniest, glitziest and most fabulous city in the world where everyone living there was a millionaire. After 12 years as both a student and a resident, I finally grew tired of it, and moved north to Seattle. Sure, it isn't nearly as sunny as L.A., with those dreary, rainy days and such, but at least I don't have to worry about the frigid cold as much as I did in Chicago, even though I loved playing in the snow in my youth.

The good news is that a used Cadillac is one of the easiest things you can acquire in terms of depreciation in the used car market.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.