News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

EIS questions

Started by Mergingtraffic, January 08, 2010, 06:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mergingtraffic

If a DOT completes an FEIS for either adding an extra lane for a limited access expressway or for a new limited access expressway and then construction is delayed due to funds...how long is the FEIS valid for?

Does the DOT have to redo the whole FEIS or just ammend it?

CT has some projects where the FEIS was issued and the projects are stalled due to funds...so who knows when they could begin. (ie: CT-2A Bypass and CT-11)
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

Revive 755

Depends upon how long the project has been delayed and the specific project.  For adding lanes, it seems the reevaluation process is much shorter if even done at all.  It also seems to depend upon the local FHWA office.

Chris

Interesting question. I believe it's 10 years in the Netherlands.

5 years if nothing is done -but land aquistion and utiliies count ....Engneering would be iffy
I dont think it has to be redone just revisted FHWA has a list of active EISs on its website

Revive 755

^ I believe that is this site:
http://www.environment.fhwa.dot.gov/projdev/active_eis.asp

It seems to be missing a few projects - there's no mention of the I-70 FEIS or SEIS for the truck lanes across Missouri, nor any mention of the Lincoln Nebraska beltway EIS, nor the recently reevaluated EIS for the new I-70 Mississippi River Bridge.

corco

It's missing several Puget Sound area projects that are definitely under construction/will be soon/are definitely beyond EIS stage as well, not to mention the Spokane Bypass. And it shows the Idaho SH-16 to SH-44 to I-84 project, which I thought was nothing more than a pipe dream, something ITD really wants to do but has no money to actually construct

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.