News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Where is this intersection?

Started by papaT10932, February 01, 2010, 11:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papaT10932

Does anyone know where this famous four-way intersection is? I've seen it in commercials and, probably, in movies, and now more recently in the commercials for TNT'S "Men of a Certain Age". But, I have no idea where it is. Thanks.

mgk920

I would like to say that it's somewhere in the desert northeast of the Los Angeles area, perhaps in San Bernardino County just 'out' from Cajon Pass.

Mike

pderocco

Just in case the OP is still alive and breathing, and still curious, that's Avenue K and 15th St East in Lake Los Angeles, CA.

froggie

StogieGuy7

Quote from: froggie on June 09, 2023, 08:27:22 AM
Current GMSV.
These links with the abbreviated address (goo.gl) don't pass muster with my work computer's security software and end up blocked. Standard google maps links are cool with it though. I'm probably the only one who has this issue, yet I don't even understand how you get this short link. 

When I link to a spot in google maps, I get something like this: https://www.google.com/maps/@34.675136,-118.1033067,3a,60y,184.73h,99.54t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sd1VHxyt2UV8_mReWDTLD5g!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

froggie

^ In the upper left box, you click on the 3 vertical dots then hit "Share or Embed Image", and it gives the shortened link.

Here's the location I posted, using the full URL.  I usually go with the shortened because sometimes SMF or web browsers don't like all the "extra baggage".

I'm pretty sure mine is the actual location, at 150th St instead of at 15th St.  Note how the mountains in the background (looking east) are a perfect match for those in the video.

pderocco

Quote from: froggie on June 09, 2023, 10:38:18 PM
I'm pretty sure mine is the actual location, at 150th St instead of at 15th St.  Note how the mountains in the background (looking east) are a perfect match for those in the video.

Yes, it is. That was a typo. I dropped the 0.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.