News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

TX: Post Office Causing Temporary Diversion of new US 281 NB lanes N of S.A.

Started by Brian556, September 13, 2016, 09:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

briantroutman

amroad17

This kind of reminds me of the Bugs Bunny cartoon in which he successfully kept a highway department from building a freeway over his hole and had traffic diverted around it.  The episode is called "No Parking Hare" from 1954.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

Bobby5280

I don't know why they couldn't have re-built that post office on a new location outside of the US 281 ROW. Looking at 6/2016 street view imagery the building appears fairly new, which means it probably has no historical significance. And then there's an RV park behind it, which wouldn't really be affected since it's outside of the frontage road path.

In its current form the highway running around this post office situation is a traffic hazard. It will be made even worse if US-281 is upgraded to a freeway on either side of the site, which is a pretty significant possibility in the years ahead. At some point the post office is going to have to get the hell out of the way.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.