6 (37.5%)
Saturday, September 3
7 (43.8%)
Sunday, September 4
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: June 21, 2022, 08:52:10 PM

Nikolai

All right, Saturday, September 3 will be our date!

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on May 30, 2022, 09:10:21 AMAlso, have you decided whether the lunch gathering will be located in Janesville or Beloit?  That will be the determining factor as to which of the two cities I'll book a hotel in, if I attend.

We'll meet for lunch at 11:30 at Doc's in Beloit. I'll share full meet details this summer.

Alps

Quote from: Nikolai on May 31, 2022, 11:30:04 PM

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on May 30, 2022, 09:10:21 AMAlso, have you decided whether the lunch gathering will be located in Janesville or Beloit?  That will be the determining factor as to which of the two cities I'll book a hotel in, if I attend.

We'll meet for lunch at 11:30 at Doc's in Beloit. I'll share full meet details this summer.
They have cheese curds. I'm there.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Nikolai on May 31, 2022, 11:30:04 PM

I will plan to be there.  Looking forward to it!
-A.J. from Michigan

Nikolai

Here's the map of the attractions we'll be seeing.

We'll begin with lunch at 11:30 at Doc's in Beloit, and start the meet there around 12:30. At the end, I'll have an optional visit to Uptown Janesville for the retail geeks.

RSVP in the Facebook event or just let me know you're attending here.

brianreynolds

It now looks likely that I will attend.  The conflicting social function has been rescheduled.

Highway63

I intend to attend, but I will not show up until noon at the earliest. I have your number assuming it didn't change from October 2020.

Nikolai

Quote from: Highway63 on August 29, 2022, 02:23:50 AM
I intend to attend, but I will not show up until noon at the earliest. I have your number assuming it didn't change from October 2020.

No problem there, we can coordinate on the fly if needed.

Alps

Today's rough route: IL 72 West, 73 end to end, across to Business 20 Freeport, around 26 to IL 75. Those four (other than 26) are clinched. Oh and that gave me Carroll County to finish the top of Illinois. Not much at all in the roads department to photograph, mostly buildings and scenery. Got a couple older signs toward the end on 75, some embossed street signs, and a nice truss bridge just outside Harrison. (Being 45 minutes early to my midpoint gave me some extra time for things.) The last cool thing I saw was an ALTERNATE 39 Wisconsin shield next to an Illinois 73 shield. Someone crossed the border on that one. (I also find it odd 39 has the alternate without 90 despite 90 being the dominant and original route here.)
See y'all soon!

SSOWorld

Meet attendees: (by username if known - help fill ?s please) - Brandon, thehighwayman394, getmngo, Arc, (not on AAroads), rawmustard, Alps, A.J.Bertin, brianreynolds, Nikolai, GeekJedi, Highway63, SSOWorld

Downtown Janesville at town square with the new pedestrian bridge in the background.  That and the shore walks we are standing on replaced an over-the-river parking lot.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Nikolai

We accomplished all our planned sights and more despite the threatening rain. Here's my group photo.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.