News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Do Other Streaming Services Constantly Fail Like ATT TV?

Started by Brian556, September 18, 2019, 03:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

I have ATT TV (formerly DirectTVNow). It fucking sucks. The stream constantly fails. Do the others routinely fail like this? Are there any good alternatives for around $50/Month

jakeroot

If your internet is not also being provided by AT&T, consider Youtube TV. I have a municipal cable provider (via Tacoma Power) which allows me to watch a bunch of channels via the cable line, but I use YouTube TV as my primary TV option as I can rewind, record, etc. $50/month.

If your stream is failing, you may also want to contact your internet provider. It really should work just fine.

gonealookin

I've been using Youtube TV ($49.99/mo.) since before the start of this baseball season.  It hesitates once in a while, not that often, but that seems to be because of my not-entirely-reliable Charter/Spectrum ISP service.  Sometimes I'm watching TV with the sound muted while streaming some separate audio, and when they both cut out, that's the Internet connection, not Youtube TV. The vast majority of times when I watch a 3-3.5 hour ball game there is no interruption at all.  I preferred DirecTV with the dish, but my slightly lower satisfaction with aspects of Youtube TV's service, especially the DVR functionality, is far more than offset by the cost difference of $75/mo. or so.

ozarkman417

Switching from MediaCom to ATT was one of the worst things my family could have done. Replacing the router would have fixed the problem (though another reason was mediacoms frequent outages). Instead we switched to ATT only to realize we got far less bandwidth than we payed for. After the 1 year contract was over we switched right back.

Edit: it's interesting how you posted this the same day my school principal made a five minute rant about ATT over the intercom.

SM-G965U

Rothman

Google the show and episode you want to see.  Done.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

jp the roadgeek

I had PlayStation Vue and it was always buffering.  Switched to YouTube TV, and I used to have trouble with the WiFi on one TV because it is far from the router.  Turns out it was a faulty Roku stick.  I ended up buying the Roku box and moved the weak stick to a TV closer to the router, and I've had minimal issues since.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.