News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-5 from Arbuckle to Weed, California

Started by Voyager, April 17, 2009, 08:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voyager

Has anyone taken the freeway from Arbuckle to Weed? It definitely needs more lanes, I've been up and down that freeway for the last few days and the traffic is getting terrible on the freeway.
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

mapman

No, not in decades.  I've heard that part of the state is growing steadily in population.

DrZoidberg

I drove it about a month back returning to Portland after a trip to southern CA.  I didn't notice too much traffic, but we were driving that stretch on a Sunday around 11:30 am, which may explain why traffic was light.
"By the way...I took the liberty of fertilizing your caviar."

AZDude

Voyager

Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

mrivera1

I think all of I-5 should be upgraded to have at least 3 or 4 lanes.  The two lane configuration just doesn't work anymore...too much truck traffic. 
Why did Caltrans kill the US highways?  If you're smart, you'll know where you're going.  Too bad we have too many stupid people, and yes, Miss Talking on Cell Phone While Cutting Across the Freeway to Make Her Exit at 85mph, I'm talking about you.

donutbandit

Actually, north of Redding, traffic is not heavy enough to warrant this. Even on holiday weekends, two lanes is plenty.

brentj650

I agree with Donutbandit; the traffic counts don't really require more than 4 lanes, total.  It can be heavy during holiday periods, but it still moves at the limit. 

DukeOfURL

Really, I think I-5 north of Sacramento is just fine at 2 lanes.  I've never seen it backed up unless there's an accident, and I used to live in Sacramento.  Now 80 is another story...

agentsteel53

80's traffic problems would be solved by raising Tahoe's water level by about 20 feet.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.