News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

A few questions on photos

Started by Hurricane Rex, December 06, 2017, 06:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane Rex

I am having problems posting photos to the forum. I looked in the search and tried it by that suggestions and no luck.

How you post photos from:
1. A photo from a web page
2. A photo from my computer.

I will make another attempt to post a photo on this thread in about w hours. If I am successful, question 1 is not valid, and if it fails in then I will post a message of failure.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

hotdogPi

1. [img]example.com/example.jpg[/img] You can get the link by right clicking and clicking "copy image".
2. You need to upload it to Flickr or Imgur. (NOT Photobucket unless you want to pay $400 per year.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Hurricane Rex

re attempt:
US-95 North - Speed Limit by Zach, on Flickr

I think I have it now, thank you.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

US71

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on December 07, 2017, 02:39:41 AM
re attempt:

No need to post both the photo and a link to the photo, but otherwise, I think you've got it.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

formulanone

Quote from: US71 on December 19, 2017, 05:12:12 PM
re attempt:

No need to post both the photo and a link to the photo, but otherwise, I think you've got it.

Not to question a mod's authority, but in many threads we recommend users attribute photos that aren't directly from the poster. And for the most part, the regulars do that.

So it's not needed in some cases, but highly recommended in others, because it satisfies copyrights and/or permissions.

(I wish Flickr would add a carriage return in between the two [ /url ] [ url= ] tags for nicer formatting, but that's not our issue.)

US71

Quote from: formulanone on December 19, 2017, 06:09:40 PM
Quote from: US71 on December 19, 2017, 05:12:12 PM
re attempt:

Not to question a mod's authority, but in many threads we recommend users attribute photos that aren't directly from the poster. And for the most part, the regulars do that.

So it's not needed in some cases, but highly recommended in others, because it satisfies copyrights and/or permissions.

(I wish Flickr would add a carriage return in between the two [ /url ] [ url= ] tags for nicer formatting, but that's not our issue.)

Attribution is fine, but I just found the attribution with a photo link to be redundant.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Scott5114

I think that is the default formatting supplied by Flickr when you request BBCode from them.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 26, 2017, 08:13:14 AM
I think that is the default formatting supplied by Flickr when you request BBCode from them.

It is.  When posting from Flickr, I actually grab the BBCode and then trim off the "excess" before posting it on here.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

1995hoo

Regarding the OP, another way to post a photo is to put it on a mobile device and use the Tapatalk app either to post or to edit a post. In either case, there's an option to upload a photo. Tapatalk hosts it. I don't know what sorts of limits they may have on how many photos you can upload.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

adventurernumber1

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 28, 2017, 01:29:56 PM
Regarding the OP, another way to post a photo is to put it on a mobile device and use the Tapatalk app either to post or to edit a post. In either case, there's an option to upload a photo. Tapatalk hosts it. I don't know what sorts of limits they may have on how many photos you can upload.

I absolutely cannot thank you enough for that piece of advice. I have been completely unable to upload photos from my phone to the computer (and ultimately Flickr, which is what I typically use) for many, many months now, due to storage complications. But after what you said, I have now found a solution. I have gotten the Tapaptalk app (though I may have to temporarily delete it from time to time for storage reasons) now, and I am now once again able to upload photos to this forum from my iPhone through that.

Thank you so much!!  :nod:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

And as a treat for all of ya, here is the very picture that I have first uploaded to the forum in this fashion from my iPhone, originally in the Georgia thread in the Southeast Board just now:  :camera:

(from off of I-285 Northeastbound near the Metro Atlanta suburb of Smyrna, GA, right before reaching Interstate 75)

Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.