News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

California SR 187 (Venice Blvd.)

Started by M3100, July 04, 2020, 12:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3100

Here's another route I explored today; it is the subject of two older threads from 2016 and 2017.

This route runs from I-10 to California SR1 (Lincoln Blvd.), and is mostly commercial on the east end and residential / commercial mix on the west end.

This shows the exit from I-10 West.  The '187' shield at the base of the offramp is missing (stolen?)

The route sort-of parallels I-10; this older sign still refers to the Santa Monica Fwy.  Newer signs just have the shield, direction, and 'Fwy'.  The overpass in the distance is the LA Metro Expo Line light rail route.

The one and only westbound shield I saw was at Sawtelle.  It is barely visible on the traffic light mast above the bus.  The faded shield on the light pole in the median (far left in pic) is for I-405; the southbound onramp is off of Sawtelle.

Just east of Lincoln (California SR 1) is this shield, somewhat battered but intact.

Max Rockatansky

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.