News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Joe Buck

Started by JoePCool14, March 01, 2021, 08:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Joe Buck a good commentator?

Yes
No
Unsure

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 02, 2021, 09:41:54 AM
Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on March 02, 2021, 08:28:40 AM
He's gotten better recently (I think he realized that people think he's bland), but he's still below average. Combining him with Troy Aikman makes for the most unwatchable commentating duo on TV that doesn't include Bill Walton.

Man, I forgot how grating Bill Walton is to listen to with basketball. 

He was fun for a while but it's gotten progressively more annoying, and every play-by-play guy they put with him absolutely hates their life afterward. It'd be nice if he called a game while sober for once.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Rothman

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on March 02, 2021, 07:47:48 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 02, 2021, 09:41:54 AM
Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on March 02, 2021, 08:28:40 AM
He's gotten better recently (I think he realized that people think he's bland), but he's still below average. Combining him with Troy Aikman makes for the most unwatchable commentating duo on TV that doesn't include Bill Walton.

Man, I forgot how grating Bill Walton is to listen to with basketball. 

He was fun for a while but it's gotten progressively more annoying, and every play-by-play guy they put with him absolutely hates their life afterward. It'd be nice if he called a game while sober for once.
"The Celtics just aren't as good without me."
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

I-39

Quote from: Henry on March 02, 2021, 09:31:55 AM
Quote from: ET21 on March 02, 2021, 09:14:26 AM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on March 01, 2021, 10:42:29 PM
As a Cubs fan, I hated him in the broadcast booth when they finally broke the curse in 2016

Same when the Sox won in 05, the enthusiasm was just lacking. ESPN radio had better reactions to the Cubs winning in 2016
Glad I'm not the only Chicago sports fan who hates Joe Buck. And how could this be the same guy whose dad was a legendary broadcaster for the Cardinals? (and I hate them too!)

But he did show more emotion there than normal.

Flint1979

I'm happy to see some other Chicago sports fans having the same views of Joe Buck as I do.

thspfc

I don't mind Joe Buck. His voice is very official and important sounding, if that makes any sense. I would rank him and Troy Aikman in the top 3 or 4 of all the NFL announcing crews.

JoePCool14

Quote from: thspfc on March 03, 2021, 09:03:18 AM
I don't mind Joe Buck. His voice is very official and important sounding, if that makes any sense. I would rank him and Troy Aikman in the top 3 or 4 of all the NFL announcing crews.

I feel like the only reason that's the case is that he's so well-known for commentating on important games. Kind of a chicken-or-the-egg situation with his importance.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

thspfc

Quote from: JoePCool14 on March 03, 2021, 12:39:37 PM

I feel like the only reason that's the case is that he's so well-known for commentating on important games. Kind of a chicken-or-the-egg situation with his importance.
Yeah, possibly.

DandyDan

MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

NWI_Irish96

Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

JoePCool14

jmacswimmer

Contestant: "What is [insert answer]"

Joe Buck: "IT ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS..........wrong"
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

JoePCool14

Quote from: jmacswimmer on April 19, 2021, 09:55:08 AM

"I wish I knew what was worth more... $800, $1200, or $400."

jmacswimmer

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 19, 2021, 10:04:39 AM
Quote from: jmacswimmer on April 19, 2021, 09:55:08 AM

"I wish I knew what was worth more... $800, $1200, or $400."

*Troy Aikman appears out of nowhere*

"Uh, $1200 is a little more there, Joe."
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

Henry

Hard pass for me...
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

SectorZ

Quote from: JoePCool14 on March 03, 2021, 12:39:37 PM

I think the big problem was his comatose response to big moments. As a Red Sox and Patriots fan I feel that I know this very well. He has vastly improved on that over the past 20 years. He's never bugged me much beyond that, and since he's improved on that I can't find myself complaining about him.

This is the poster child of Buck's prior ability to seemingly give a poop about an earth-shattering play.

Just like Cris Collinsworth not only not bugs me, but I actually enjoy him.

thspfc

You mean like this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzpoj_NxqQ

One of the best calls of the decade . . .

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.