News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Ramps that move traffic from one side of carriageway to another

Started by jakeroot, March 05, 2022, 01:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I believe the Garden State Parkway Southbound in Hazlet where the crossover to the Local Lanes from the Express Lanes counts as to avoid a left merge it flies over all local lanes to merge from the right.

Ditto in Holmdel on the NB GSP crossover though using a long underpass to cross local lanes, but same purpose.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MCRoads

I-80 west through the maze east of the bay bridge has a ramp from the very left lane of the carriageway to the very right lane. It is an HOV only ramp, allowing busses to use the HOV lanes accessible from I-80 in the toll booth without needing to change lanes repeatedly.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

jakeroot

Quote from: Occidental Tourist on March 29, 2022, 02:47:48 AM
I think the exit ramps from the 163 to the I-15 Express Lanes and from the I-15 Express Lanes to the 163 qualify.

Yeah, virtually identical to how the setup in my OP operated. In that it was originally built to serve as an express lanes ramp to a freeway exit, just without having direct access to that freeway (only the GP lanes exit ramp). Only difference is that my OP operates like how that 15 freeway express lanes ramp might operate if the express lanes and GP lanes became a single carriageway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.