News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Illinois interesting bid annoucements

Started by Revive 755, June 05, 2013, 10:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Powell

Quote from: Revive 755 on May 13, 2017, 10:38:51 PM
Bulletin for the June 16, 2017 Letting is up.  Plans will be found Here

Highlights:

* Item 1X is for approaches and related work for the new I-74 Mississippi crossings.

* Items 117 and 118 are for bridge deck replacement on IL 120 around the US 41 interchange

* Item 130 mentions adding lanes to 2.1 miles of  US 34 from  Eldamain to Center Parkway in Kendall County

* Item 232 includes installation of a span wire signal at the US 6/IL 178 intersection in Utica

Item 130 will eliminate the 2-lane bottleneck on US 34 between Plano and Yorkville and will make a continuous 4-lane route between the west city limits of Plano and Orchard Road in Oswego. There were studies to extend the 4-laning even farther west through Sandwich and east/north through Oswego and north on IL 31 to Montgomery, but they were eventually dropped due in part to local opposition. The west extension was dropped following a change in mayors in Sandwich, and the east extension was put on hold to await seeing if changing traffic patterns from the opening of the then-new Orchard Road bridge across the Fox River would reduce traffic on US 34 east of Orchard (it didn't, much).

Revive 755

List of projects for the November 17, 2017 Letting is up.  Plans will be posted here.

Highlights:

* Item 52 is the Longmeadow Parkway/IL 62 intersection in Kane County

* Item 71 is for connecting Longmeadow Parkway from the end of the previous contract near Randall Road to IL 31

* Item 74 is for changes to the US 20 interchange with IL 59

Revive 755

List of projects for the January 19, 2018 Letting is up

Highlights

* Item 3 appears the be the conversion of the Cumberland Circle in Des Plaines into a roundabout

* Item 66 is for signalizing the IL 13/Old IL 13 intersection on the west side of Harrisburg

* Item 104 includes a new pedestrian bridge over the Fox River in downtown Aurora

* Item 105 widens Quentin Road in Lake County between IL 22 and US 12

* Item 113 involves work at one of the IL 83/IL 171 intersections

captkirk_4

I'm wondering when they are going to start on the I57-I74 interchange?

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: captkirk_4 on December 09, 2017, 06:10:00 PM
I'm wondering when they are going to start on the I57-I74 interchange?

Hopefully soon. That interchange needs to be improved.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

Revive 755

List of projects for the March 9, 2018 Letting is up

* Item 4 (which will be rescheduled for a later letting) appears to have been the US 45 Milburn Bypass in Lake County

* Item 18 (also rescheduled) would have been advance steel fabrication for bridges on I-80 in Joliet around Richard Street

* Item 40 (also rescheduled) "Replacing light towers with new LED highway lighting at seven intersections along US 51" in McLean and DeWitt Counties

* Item 67:  Repairs to I-280's Mississippi River Bridge

* Item 117 is the I-55/Weber Road interchange

* Item 133 reconstructs Weber Road from Normantown Road to 135th Street

paulthemapguy

^Exciting!  I'm actually really thankful that you keep sifting through the bid lettings to find anything interesting.

I live in Will County and half of these items are in this county lol
A long series of segments along Weber Road from Renwick to Hassert are slated to be six-laned in the next ten years.  One segment, from Airport to Renwick, was completed in 2014.  There's also the section from 135th to Airport, Normantown to 135th, and Hassert to I-55.  I love that they broke it into bite-size pieces, so that a snag in the process will only affect a small portion of the roadway and not the entire initiative.  Weber Road is a county road, but the project involves federal money, so IDOT has to acquire official plans.

I'm excited to see any revisions to the bridges or pavement structure from Meadow to Richards in Joliet.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

johndoe780

What's the hold up with the weber road interchange? Hasn't it been scheduled to get worked on for 3 years now?

paulthemapguy

Quote from: johndoe780 on February 04, 2018, 02:46:23 PM
What's the hold up with the weber road interchange? Hasn't it been scheduled to get worked on for 3 years now?

I do believe there are utilities working on relocating their infrastructure right now.  And I heard that tree removal has begun as well.  I can check with my boss, actually...I'd be interested to find out.

inkyatari

Quote from: paulthemapguy on February 05, 2018, 08:45:22 PM

I do believe there are utilities working on relocating their infrastructure right now.  And I heard that tree removal has begun as well.  I can check with my boss, actually...I'd be interested to find out.

I read that construction is supposed to start in earnest this year.  The old car was about a mile south of the interchange has been torn down.  That's the staging area for the project.

I use that interchange every day, and am tired of the backups.  I was hoping for a SPUI, as I think there needs to be one less traffic light in that mile stretch (I believe there's four within a mile / mile and a half there)
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Brandon

Quote from: inkyatari on February 06, 2018, 08:50:20 AM

I read that construction is supposed to start in earnest this year.  The old car was about a mile south of the interchange has been torn down.  That's the staging area for the project.

I use that interchange every day, and am tired of the backups.  I was hoping for a SPUI, as I think there needs to be one less traffic light in that mile stretch (I believe there's four within a mile / mile and a half there)

The plan, last I saw, was for a diverging diamond interchange (DDI) like at IL-59 and I-88.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

inkyatari

Quote from: Brandon on February 06, 2018, 09:54:52 AM

The plan, last I saw, was for a diverging diamond interchange (DDI) like at IL-59 and I-88.

That is indeed what they're going with, but As I stated, I think a SPUI would be a better fit

johndoe780

Quote from: inkyatari on February 06, 2018, 12:50:28 PM

That is indeed what they're going with, but As I stated, I think a SPUI would be a better fit

I like the DDI on IL-59 and I-88. If you're on IL-59 and don't wish to go on I-88 just swing out of the left lane though and use the middle lane or right lane. Most of the traffic I've seen is the result of IL-59 southbound on the left lane who aren't trying to get on I-88 east.

ET21

Quote from: johndoe780 on February 07, 2018, 10:21:14 PM

I like the DDI on IL-59 and I-88. If you're on IL-59 and don't wish to go on I-88 just swing out of the left lane though and use the middle lane or right lane. Most of the traffic I've seen is the result of IL-59 southbound on the left lane who aren't trying to get on I-88 east.

It's the same at Elmhurst and I-90, I love the free-flow nature it promotes
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

johndoe780

Quote from: ET21 on February 08, 2018, 09:38:30 AM
Quote from: johndoe780 on February 07, 2018, 10:21:14 PM

It's the same at Elmhurst and I-90, I love the free-flow nature it promotes

Is Barrington and IL-59 going to be a DDI or a SPUI?

Brandon

Quote from: johndoe780 on February 08, 2018, 01:52:32 PM

IL-59 will be left as-is.  Roselle is a simple diamond, with one ramp (still under construction) entering from Central Road.
Barrington will be a SPUI.

https://www.illinoistollway.com/projects/jane-addams/barrington-road-interchange-project
https://www.illinoistollway.com/projects/jane-addams/roselle-road-interchange-project
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

johndoe780

Quote from: Brandon on February 08, 2018, 02:00:53 PM

IL-59 will be left as-is.  Roselle is a simple diamond, with one ramp (still under construction) entering from Central Road.

https://www.illinoistollway.com/projects/jane-addams/barrington-road-interchange-project
https://www.illinoistollway.com/projects/jane-addams/roselle-road-interchange-project

Brain fart. Meant to say Barrington and I-90

Joe The Dragon

Quote from: Brandon on February 08, 2018, 02:00:53 PM

Il-59 can use toll to get on to make it fair and maybe let them remove the toll to exit at I-290

Revive 755

List of Projects for the April 27, 2018 Letting is up

Highlights

* Item 10 is a bridge replacement on I-290 over Salt Creek in DuPage County

* Item 79 is widening for IL 71 from IL 47 to IL 126

* Item 149 is widening of Quentin Road between US 12 and IL 22 in Lake County

* Item 160 appears to be the Milburn Bypass for US 45 in Lake County

* Item 193 widens Huntley Road from Sleepy Hollow Road to Elm Avenue in West Dundee (Kane County)

* Item 198 improves the Huntley Road/IL 31 intersection in Carpentersville (Kane County)

Revive 755

Bulletin for the June 15, 2018 Letting is up.

Highlights
* Item 5 will include some new signs on I-90 between IL 171 and IL 43

* Item 15 replaces the traffic signal structure at the I-80/I-94 SPUI with IL 83/Torrence Avenue

* Item 29 has some minor widening on Business 20 near I-39/I-90 in the Rockford area.

* Item 152 has widening on IL 132 through Lindenhurst.

* Item 186 is a re-advertisement for the IL 71 widening from IL 47 to IL 126.

* Item 212 is the reconstruction of the Randall Road intersection with Algonquin Road in McHenry County.

ChiMilNet

Quote from: Revive 755 on May 11, 2018, 09:40:14 PM
Bulletin for the June 15, 2018 Letting is up.

Highlights
* Item 5 will include some new signs on I-90 between IL 171 and IL 43

* Item 15 replaces the traffic signal structure at the I-80/I-94 SPUI with IL 83/Torrence Avenue

* Item 29 has some minor widening on Business 20 near I-39/I-90 in the Rockford area.

* Item 152 has widening on IL 132 through Lindenhurst.

* Item 186 is a re-advertisement for the IL 71 widening from IL 47 to IL 126.

* Item 212 is the reconstruction of the Randall Road intersection with Algonquin Road in McHenry County.

I also noticed item 104 which is resurfacing on both I-80 from Will County Line to Des Plaines River and on I-55 from Des Plaines River to Weber Road (both sorely needed).

inkyatari

Quote from: ChiMilNet on May 12, 2018, 10:56:50 PM

I also noticed item 104 which is resurfacing on both I-80 from Will County Line to Des Plaines River and on I-55 from Des Plaines River to Weber Road (both sorely needed).

Wouldn't have been an issue if I-55 was properly rebuilt 7 years ago.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: inkyatari on May 14, 2018, 08:50:19 AM

Correct lol.  That stretch of I-55 is the biggest joke of a reconstruction project I've seen.  I've complained in this thread about the abysmal job they did with the BGS signage too.  Whoever designed the signs didn't know what an "exit only" tab was, for one thing.

Revive 755

I see I also overlooked the US 20/Harmony Road roundabout as Item 102.

ChiMilNet

Quote from: paulthemapguy on May 14, 2018, 11:00:25 AM
Quote from: inkyatari on May 14, 2018, 08:50:19 AM

Correct lol.  That stretch of I-55 is the biggest joke of a reconstruction project I've seen.  I've complained in this thread about the abysmal job they did with the BGS signage too.  Whoever designed the signs didn't know what an "exit only" tab was, for one thing.

In all fairness, that was about 10 years ago now (hard to believe it's been that long). However, it's quite apparent the cheap job they did on rebuilding it. I was on it a few weekends ago, and it was pothole central near US 30 especially it seems.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.