News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

That time in the early 2000s when a lot of foods tasted like soap

Started by bandit957, December 26, 2018, 06:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on December 29, 2018, 07:14:01 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on December 29, 2018, 07:11:48 PM
I did try shave butter once, but it was translucent, so I couldn't tell where I'd already shaved. I'll stick with Barbasol shaving cream for now. I don't like that shaving gel business they started selling about 20 years ago, either.

Hmmm, I hadn't heard of shave butter before.  I wonder if you can cook with it...
You could try...

It's a product that Dollar Shave Club sells and they sent me a free sample. The consistency is like a thin lotion.

Also, I'm old enough now that, when I go clean-shaven, I have to apply a moisturizer after I shave so I don't have dry skin flaking off my face.

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on December 29, 2018, 07:19:46 PM
Dollar Shave Club

Ah, the Dollar Shave Club.  Not my kind of thing.  I switched to more traditional shaving products because I was sick of spending so much money on cartridges and shaving goo.  I use a razor blade six times before putting it in the bin, and I shave roughly once every five days, so that works out to roughly one razor blade every 30 days.  Let's round up quite a bit and also account for the times I use a blade only once (on a trip), and say I use 20 razor blades a year.  I can buy them for about $20 per hundred, so that works out to my buying razor blades once every five years, at an average cost of $4 per year for blades.  A stick or Arko costs about $3 and can easily last me a year.  Long story short:  I have no need of a service that sends stuff to me once a month.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on December 29, 2018, 07:33:03 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on December 29, 2018, 07:19:46 PM
Dollar Shave Club

Ah, the Dollar Shave Club.  Not my kind of thing.  I switched to more traditional shaving products because I was sick of spending so much money on cartridges and shaving goo.  I use a razor blade six times before putting it in the bin, and I shave roughly once every five days, so that works out to roughly one razor blade every 30 days.  Let's round up quite a bit and also account for the times I use a blade only once (on a trip), and say I use 20 razor blades a year.  I can buy them for about $20 per hundred, so that works out to my buying razor blades once every five years, at an average cost of $4 per year for blades.  A stick or Arko costs about $3 and can easily last me a year.  Long story short:  I have no need of a service that sends stuff to me once a month.
I ended up collecting a bunch and deactivating my account. That had to have been over a year ago. When I have a beard, I only shave once a week. When I'm clean-shaven, ideally three, but usually just two.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

abefroman329

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.