After 35+ years, SR-3 is FINALLY signed into Downtown Cleveland.

Started by thenetwork, July 05, 2011, 11:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenetwork

Nearly 40 years of seeing SR-3 marked as "END 3" at US-42 in Parma, SR-3 has finally been recognized and signed along it's multiplex with US-42 to US-6/20 near Downtown Cleveland.  :clap:

Good news:  It was my doing through the Cleveland Plain Dealer last year that finally got the ball rolling. http://www.cleveland.com/roadrant/index.ssf/2011/07/crash_totals_make_2011_look_li.html (see 5th section down).

Bad news:  Now that I live 2000 miles away, I cannot see for myself until maybe next year the good "monster" I created.  So if anyone is out cruising the North Coast in the near future, grab me some pics!!!  I'm curious to see if SR-3 is recognized and signed with US-42 on the BGSs along I-71, I-90 & I-480 for the Pearl Road & West 25th St. Exits.

Now I'm off to right the wrongs made by CDOT here in Colorado (US-50 SOUTH!?!???)   :sombrero:

Alps

I can't think it would be on BGSs. It'll be years before many of those are replaced.

usends

Someone contacted me about this, because one of the results was that the "End US 42" assembly in Cleveland was moved one block.  I'll post the full message, since it contains some interesting details:

"Last year, a commentor on Cleveland.com asked why Ohio SR-3 was hidden along US-42 into downtown Cleveland, and, surprisingly, after the road columnist for The Plain Dealer contacted the Ohio DOT about it, ODOT unhid it for the first time in decades by adding "3" markers along the route.  Unfortunately for you, they took down the relatively new {42}[END] assembly at the Superior/Ontario intersection, which you note seemed more appropriate if not accurate, and put up (no photo yet, sorry) an [END][NORTH]{3}{42} assembly on the front side of the Superior/E. Roadway intersection, where ODOT says those routes and US-322 end.  The actual signing happened last December judging by the date of the edit of the Wikipedia SR-3 page which rewrote the intro to remove the hidden status statement."
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.