News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Firefox problem on AARoads

Started by allniter89, February 17, 2022, 10:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allniter89

Does anyone else have issues using Firefox to view AARoads? On my computer AARoads shows as full screen view and I cant find a way to fix it. I'm using the Microsoft Edge browser & it shows normal. I'm wondering if its my computer or something else.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

rickmastfan67

davewiecking

F11 toggles between normal and full screen on all browsers I've come across, including Firefox.

allniter89

BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

allniter89

AARoads Forum >Meta >Suggestions and Questions >New post quality restrictions
I just noticed META in the above line, could that be it?
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: allniter89 on February 17, 2022, 10:27:52 PM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 17, 2022, 10:21:10 PM
Try hitting 'F11'?
F 11 is a brightness adjustment?

No, the F11 button is the toggle for switching between Fullscreen and normal.

Scott5114

No issues here on Firefox. Sounds like you set some option on your end some way you didn't want it to be and didn't notice that you did it.

Quote from: allniter89 on February 17, 2022, 10:29:34 PM
AARoads Forum >Meta >Suggestions and Questions >New post quality restrictions
I just noticed META in the above line, could that be it?

Why would it be?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

davewiecking

Quote from: allniter89 on February 17, 2022, 10:27:52 PM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 17, 2022, 10:21:10 PM
Try hitting 'F11'?
F 11 is a brightness adjustment?
My guess is you're on a laptop, and have never used any of the F keys in your life. Many laptops make dual use of the top row on the keyboard. Does yours have a "Fn"  key? That makes the top row of keys act as standard Function keys would on a standard 101 key IBM keyboard. Press that, then the F11 key.

Editing to add that the Fn key is usually located near the Ctrl and Alt keys....

1995hoo

No issues here with Firefox, but if you have problems with it, why not try a different browser?
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

tolbs17

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

allniter89

Thanks for the suggestions AAR works ok with Edge, Chrome & IE browsers so screw FF. I tried all the suggestions on FF, nothing worked. I did not know about the additional Fn option on the F keys so I did learn something new.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.