News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Upcoming Texas Hill Country Vacation

Started by CanesFan27, September 17, 2009, 10:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanesFan27

My girlfriend and I are traveling to the Hill Country of Texas in October (10/11-10/17).

Besides Austin and San Antonio - we'll also be stopping in Tyler.

On the way there, we are going to stop at Village Creek State Park in Arkansas - and also at a "Little town called Hope"

WIthin the Hill Country,  we'll be checking out Pedernales Falls State Park, Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, The LBJ Ranch, Fredericksburg and Luckenbach, TX, and exploring Highways 16 and 71.

In Austin, we're staying in the Arboretum area and obviously will get downtown for 6th street, etc.  May get to see where the bridge that the bats are under, and maybe McKinney Falls State Park.

In San Antonio, we're staying either along or near the Riverwalk (still deciding where), hit the Alamo (yes, I know it's very small), and really not sure what else.

So are there any good places to eat in Tyler, Austin, San Antonio or in the Fredericksburg etc area.  What other sights are must sees...or better...sports that are really good that not many go too.

Thanks!
Adam

BigMattFromTexas

QuoteMy girlfriend and I are traveling to the Hill Country of Texas in October (10/11-10/17).

Besides Austin and San Antonio - we'll also be stopping in Tyler.

On the way there, we are going to stop at Village Creek State Park in Arkansas - and also at a "Little town called Hope"

WIthin the Hill Country,  we'll be checking out Pedernales Falls State Park, Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, The LBJ Ranch, Fredericksburg and Luckenbach, TX, and exploring Highways 16 and 71.

In Austin, we're staying in the Arboretum area and obviously will get downtown for 6th street, etc.  May get to see where the bridge that the bats are under, and maybe McKinney Falls State Park.

In San Antonio, we're staying either along or near the Riverwalk (still deciding where), hit the Alamo (yes, I know it's very small), and really not sure what else.

So are there any good places to eat in Tyler, Austin, San Antonio or in the Fredericksburg etc area.  What other sights are must sees...or better...sports that are really good that not many go too.

Thanks!
Adam
In Fredericksburg theres Altdolfs or however you spell it, and also another German restarunt.
San Antonio, theres alot of places to eat there, I like good ol' Fudruckers.
Tyler I have no idea, Ive only been there once and I didn't eat anything but McDonalds.
I LOVE Enchanted Rock!! Ive been there about six times.
BigMatt

mefailenglish

The one and only time I went to San Antonio, the wifely person and I stayed at the Menger Hotel and ate dinner each night at a different restaurant on the Riverwalk.  The Menger is supposedly haunted, and the hotel bar is where Teddy Roosevelt recruited the Rough Riders.

I spent most of my time at a conference, but I also remember visiting the Tower of the Americas in HemisFair Park, and Dallas Cowboys training camp at the AlamoDome. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get much of a chance to do any roadgeeking, as I was sans car for the trip.  Cheapskate boss.  :-D 

CanesFan27

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.