News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Reduced Speed Diamonds Arrive in Arkansas

Started by US71, August 29, 2010, 09:59:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

I saw my first Arkansas "Reduced Speed Ahead" diamond signs yesterday. They were along AR 16 near the former Baldwin community (out by Lake Sequoyah).

The speed limit is generally 50 MPH in the area and the signs were warning of a drop to 45 MPH.

This is the first set of signs I've seen in Arkansas. I haven't seen any along I-540, US 71 or any other road.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

codyg1985

I also saw some along US 63/412 in Imboden, AR. Also there are guide signs in Clearview and the new 2009 MUTCD-style "School Bus Stop Ahead" signage. It appears AHTD replaced just about every sign through there.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Scott5114

What series font are the speed limit digits in?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

codyg1985

The one I saw appared to be Series C or D. It was the one where the digits take up most of the speed limit sign.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

US71

Quote from: codyg1985 on September 03, 2010, 03:19:14 PM
I also saw some along US 63/412 in Imboden, AR. Also there are guide signs in Clearview and the new 2009 MUTCD-style "School Bus Stop Ahead" signage. It appears AHTD replaced just about every sign through there.

Driving AR 10 this weekend, I noticed a few of the "Speed Diamonds" and lots of Clearview signage, mostly east of Booneville & West of Perry/AR 9.  Also found some Clearview on AR 9 south of the 9/10 split at Williams Corner. No new Bus Stop signage, though
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.