News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

O.J. Simpson, football star Dead at 76

Started by bing101, April 11, 2024, 11:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: SEWIGuy on April 11, 2024, 12:45:58 PMHad DNA evidence been more established in the public's mind at the time, I am convinced he would have been convicted in short order. For those who weren't around back then, it was still a pretty new science and his attorney's played off on that to create reasonable doubt.

My uncle was a forensic chemist for the Department of Defense and testified in many court martials in a similar way. He said that the evidence made him 100% guilty but that the LAPD made enough mistakes that he understood why he wasn't convicted.

For those who are sports fans, there's a fantastic 30 for 30 film about the infamous Bronco chase coinciding with Game 5 of the NBA Finals between the Knicks and Rockets, and the first ever World Cup game played in the US in Chicago.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

elsmere241

I only caught the tail end of the chase.  I don't remember what else, if anything, I watched that night.  (My grandparents didn't have cable.)

Another thing that wasn't watched was David Hasselhoff's PPV special, FWIW.

And I know there wasn't much attendance at the usual Tuesday at 11 (Mountain) forum at BYU when the verdict was read.  Considering what the jury had asked to be read back, I kind of knew what the verdict was going to be.

Max Rockatansky

I was far more interested in what was happening in the NBA Finals.  At the time my family was living in Connecticut and the Patrick Ewing Knicks were a huge deal.  Interestingly a lot of the Bills fans in middle school were convinced O.J. was innocent. 

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

WillWeaverRVA

Well great, now we'll never know who the real killer was.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

1995hoo

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on April 12, 2024, 10:35:20 AMWell great, now we'll never know who the real killer was.

The cancer story is a fabrication. OJ had discovered the real killer, so to avoid being identified, the real killer killed OJ.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on April 12, 2024, 10:35:20 AMWell great, now we'll never know who the real killer was.

There may have been some signs long ago...

mgk920

The best memory of him to me is an a TV ad that he once did (Hertz Rent a Car?) sowing him flying through and airport terminal like Superman.  A commentator said later on that "if he can fly through an airport terminal like that, then why is he at an airport to begin with?"    :-D

Mike

elsmere241

Quote from: mgk920 on April 12, 2024, 12:50:34 PMThe best memory of him to me is an a TV ad that he once did (Hertz Rent a Car?) sowing him flying through and airport terminal like Superman.  A commentator said later on that "if he can fly through an airport terminal like that, then why is he at an airport to begin with?"    :-D

The only Hertz ad I remember him doing was for their upper-tier service, where he said "I don't have to run now."  I didn't watch a lot of football before college, so the other ads are essentially before my time.

Rothman

Yeah, the Hertz ads were ubiquitous.  Him hurdling through terminals and whatnot.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

ozarkman417

"If I Did It" by Cancer

Rest in piss, OJ.

Roadgeekteen

OJ can rest in peace knowing that the killer is finally dead
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.