News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Baltimore

Started by Voyager, January 20, 2009, 06:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASTERNC

Another FYI, the good friends of the MDTA are expanding the speed cameras around the Express Toll Lanes up to White Marsh Blvd starting April 30.

Takumi

I'll be heading up to Baltimore next weekend. Any old or otherwise interesting signage I should look for? I'll most likely just be around the Inner Harbor, so I'm mostly interested in things within walking distance from there.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alex

Quote from: Takumi on July 20, 2012, 06:14:11 PM
I'll be heading up to Baltimore next weekend. Any old or otherwise interesting signage I should look for? I'll most likely just be around the Inner Harbor, so I'm mostly interested in things within walking distance from there.

Plenty of old signs to find in Baltimore, but most of the older signage is away from the Inner Harbor.

Three things I can think of within a possible walking distance:

Take a look around at the AARoads Baltimore page and the associated state highway guides for some other potential finds. I have posted just about everything we have documented so far.

Alps

Quote from: Takumi on July 20, 2012, 06:14:11 PM
Head up and down MD 2 - plenty of old signs there. State-named I-83 shields all around that corridor. I wouldn't walk too much outside those areas, though, even in daylight. I keep finding more every time I go.

iwishiwascanadian

There's an Interstate 295 shield on Paca Street by the Univ. of MD Medical Center.  It's fairly new. 

agentsteel53

Quote from: Steve on July 20, 2012, 07:55:50 PM

Head up and down MD 2 - plenty of old signs there. State-named I-83 shields all around that corridor. I wouldn't walk too much outside those areas, though, even in daylight. I keep finding more every time I go.

eh.  walk wherever you want.  just don't make an idiot of yourself and others won't make an idiot out of you either.

I remember walking up to an auto body shop which had a yellow STOP sign on the front gate.  all kinds of Assorted Riffraff (tm) congregating there.

"cool stop sign... mind if I take a photo?"
"naw go for it"

(no, I don't remember where it is.  in Baltimore somewhere.)
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Takumi

Heh, I found a state-named I-95 shield there last year right near a block with a couple *ahem* gentleman's clubs, walking back to Camden Yards from seeing the end of I-83. (Not only that, but said establishments were a block over from city hall. :spin:) The only other people on the street in question were bouncers.

Anyway, I'll be sure to check out MD 2 and the state name I-83 shields. I didn't see the one at Pratt and Light last year, but I may simply have not been looking high enough. The game we'll be attending doesn't start until 7, so if we get there in early-mid afternoon we should have enough time to walk around as well as shopping and general sightseeing. That I-295 shield sounds like a must see, too.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Takumi

Unfortunately, due to excessive construction delays pretty much the entire way here, I didn't get to go check out any signs mentioned. I did find an MD 40 shield outside M&T Bank Stadium, though.

Update: I saw the I-295 shield but didn't get a photo.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.