News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Are the original LAX tunnels from Ticketing to the Satelites still there?

Started by roadman65, May 04, 2011, 08:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I noticed since 1981 that there is no more gap between the original Satellite buildings and the Ticketing and Baggage Buildings at LAX.  The gap has been filled with new gates and the old gate area is just a rotunda at the end of the concourses.  I know that the cross gate tunnels are still there, but did they leave the old original corridors where one had to use to get to the street?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

realjd

Which terminal at LAX? Or were they all like that (excepting the newer TBIT of course).

Not all of them are connected airside. T5 and T6 are connected through a creepy tunnel, and I think T6, T7, and T8 are connected airside as well, although I don't recall it being well signed. I don't often have a need to leave Delta-land in T5 when I'm at LAX.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.