News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Andy Rooney Dies at the age of 92

Started by SteveG1988, November 05, 2011, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveG1988

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/us/andy-rooney-mainstay-on-60-minutes-dead-at-92.html

Passed away on friday.

he was the only reason i would watch any bit of 60 minutes, mostly because i found what he said to be both true and funny (i am 23) due to how blunt he could be. i would tune into the last bit of the program if i could just to get his observations
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I mentioned this on my FB wall, but a handful of years back, Andy, in his newspaper column, wrote about roadmaps. How folding them were impossible, how he was still using a 1967 map of Connecticut some 25 years later.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

rickmastfan67

Quote from: SteveG1988 on November 05, 2011, 07:03:23 PM
he was the only reason i would watch any bit of 60 minutes, mostly because i found what he said to be both true and funny (i am 23) due to how blunt he could be. i would tune into the last bit of the program if i could just to get his observations

Same here.  Sometimes I did watch an entire episode if there was something on it that I wanted to hear about, otherwise just Rooney.

RIP Andy, you were one of a kind that can't be replaced.

signalman

I liked Andy's insight too.  I did not always catch his clip, but if I was near a TV and remembered, I'd tune in to see what he had to say.  RIP Andy.

I too remember him complaining about folding maps back up.  I never had any issues unfolding, then folding the map back up.  Of course, I have been doing it since I was a young boy.  But even back then, I never found it all that difficult    :sombrero:

Scott5114

I'll miss Andy Rooney. His commentary was often poked fun at for being a bit stodgy and behind the times, but I always found it entertaining. He inspired me to write when I was younger, though I don't write for fun so much anymore.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.