News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Logo signs thread

Started by TravelingBethelite, August 07, 2015, 08:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CtrlAltDel

This is perhaps not completely on topic, but holy moly, are these signs big.

Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Dirt Roads

The past year threw us some curveballs.  One oddity for logo signs was for the restaurant associated with the Petro truck stop at the Buckhorn Road exit for I-85/I-40 between Efland and Mebane, North Carolina (Exit 157).  The Iron Skillet restaurant didn't make it through the early stage of the shutdown.  By mid-April, a billboard proclaimed the coming of a new IHOP at Exit 157 with no information.  As construction on the restaurant commenced in May 2020, the old Iron Skillet logo signs were replaced with IHOP signs.  But alas, everything is still boarded up and the IHOP logo signs have been removed.

Wonder if there have been any other logo signs for places that never existed?

Pink Jazz

Apparently Metropistas in Puerto Rico is launching Puerto Rico's first logo sign program on PR-22 and PR-5.  Metropistas is the private partner that operates and maintains those two toll roads.

Dirt Roads

This weekend, IHOP finally opened at the Petro Truck Stop at the Buckhorn exit of I-85/I-40 in North Carolina (Exit 157).

The old restaurant was an Iron Skillet cafeteria which didn't survive long after our local COVID restrictions.  Only 53 of these restaurants remain, with 5 of those temporarily closed.  The new logo signs for IHOP were installed about April 2020.  After several months, it became obvious that the IHOP was not going to be ready for the public and NCDOT placed blank aluminum cards over the IHOP logos.  Those covers were finally removed sometime in the past week.

Bruce

A different kind of logo sign on I-182, advertising the TRAC in Pacso, WA:

StogieGuy7

I suppose that they're just using the TRAC logo on the sign, but it doesn't work because the design of the logo makes it appear to say TKAC from any distance. That's what I see when I look at it.  So, less effective than it could be.

Pink Jazz

I was in Puerto Rico, and they just started implementing the logo sign program on PR-22. Right now they are installed at two exits, one of them being the Plaza Rio Hondo exit in Bayamon, and I think the other was in Manati.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.