News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Stories of interstates

Started by WISFreeways, September 29, 2009, 08:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

City

Hi, Interstate 25 here. I love high altitudes! Ahh... Wyoming, in the middle of the Rockies! Sadly, I end at I-90 at my northern terminus, and at I-10 at my southern. Oh, by the way, I-27, if anybody was to be extended to Canada and Mexico, it'd be probably me. Don't cry, it's ok. I'll try to make you extended to Denver!  :biggrin:

Anyways, I want more 3dis for myself. All I have on my entire 1,062 mile trek to myself is an 11 mile long freeway called I-225! How annoying!

One last thing: I am part of the Pan-Am Highway, which is the longest drivable highway in the world! How cool is that?

Welp, I'll be headed off (oh, and you should drive me, I'm scenic!).

agentsteel53

Quote from: City on October 16, 2009, 10:18:53 PM
the longest drivable highway in the world

so how precisely do you plan on getting across the Darien Gap in north Panama?? 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

njroadhorse

Hi, I-195 here.  No, not the Providence one.... or the Richmond one.... or the Maine one for the smart ass in the back of the room.  Anyways, I smuggle my daddy from his toll road around Trenton with my brother, I-295.  My brother's the only family that really "understands" me.  I mean c'mon, by two best friends are two overcrowded toll roads!  My brother tells me I might get some of his and daddy's route in a few years if dad can get an interchange operation done in time.  He says its being done by some medical group called the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, and that they're kind of jerking dad around.  Anyways, maybe I'll be longer someday and can see Pennsylvania.  Until, then I'll just stick to shuttling people to Six Flags and the Shore.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

algorerhythms

Quote from: njroadhorse on October 17, 2009, 10:54:42 AM
Hi, I-195 here.  No, not the Providence one.... or the Richmond one.... or the Maine one for the smart ass in the back of the room. 
Are you the Baltimore one? What, you don't go to the airport?

WISFreeways

Quote from: HighwayMaster on October 18, 2009, 11:57:13 AM

You are aware that njroadhorse put that into his sig, right?
looks like he is  :pan:
2009-era me chose this generic username...

WNYroadgeek

Hi, I'm I-990, a.k.a THE HIGHEST NUMBERED INTERSTATE IN ALL THE LAND!

Of course, I'm also one of the shortest interstates in all the land. When the hell will NYSDOT extend me to Lockport and beyond?

OracleUsr

I-99 Giggety Giggety Giggety...ALL RIGHT

(digressing)

Hi, I-229 here.  I have no control cities from my southern terminus because my northern terminus is at a gravel road.

------------------------------------------------

I-74 here.  Some psychopath chopped up my lower leg and scattered the parts through umpteen places in NC

------------------------------------------------

Hi, I-95 here.  Some joker says I end in Daytona Beach at I-4  (as of 2008, those END I-95 signs were still there)
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

Darkchylde

'Sup? I-12 here. Just consider me a little sister of sorts to I-10. Some people say I should be an x10, but I'm important enough for two digits! Honest! I don't cut through the traffic misery that is New Orleans, and I'm shorter if you have no reason to go there. I'm a little overwhelmed by the responsibility and the traffic, though. Others are talking about extending me, but I'm comfy where I am.

cu2010

Hello. I-790 here. For some reason, nobody can trust me. Instead of letting me have my own free reign of central New York, NYSDOT decided to partner me with NY5, NY8, and NY12! How rude! Sure, some people say that I'm a bit strange, saying that I barely qualify as a real Interstate, but I'm still here! My biggest dream right now is to finally break free of this current road and re-align myself with the Utica-Rome Expressway instead.

Howdy. I-587 here. I really shouldn't even exist, as I'm merely the last little tiny bit of NY28 near Kingston, but somebody decided to stick an Interstate shield on my anyways. How nice. I'm a little separated from my parent, though, as I'm only connected to I-87 by a roundabout. 
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

hbelkins

Hey folks, I'm I-265. What's that? You say you can see right through me, as if my middle isn't even there? Well you might be right. My top half doesn't connect to my bottom half. Now if those idiots in Kentucky and Indiana would get their sh*t together and connect my ends and build that f-ing bridge already, I could be whole.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

hbelkins

Howdy, y'all. I'm I-265.

Wait, wait!!! WTF? I don't exist anymore? My parent ate me? OMG!!!! The horror, the horror!

OBTW ... Rocky Top sucks. :ded:

njroadhorse

Hey there! I'm I-296.  Screw you 131! Nobody likes you anyway!  Plus, me and M-6 are much better friends anyway.
NJ Roads FTW!

hbelkins

Greetings, fellow forum goers. I'm I-64, and like Rodney Dangerfield, I get no respect. I have the red, white and blue Interstate shield, the mightiest road designation of them all, yet on my western end I'm relegated to second-class status. Everybody insists on calling me "40" even though the RWB shield trumps the black-and-white shield. I just don't get it. I've even been rebuilt and am being extended to end at an honest-to-goodness two-digit interstate that ends in "0" and they still call me "40 around here. No wonder the football Cardinals left. This place sucks.

SSOWorld

Hey, I-70 here, I lost a couple teeth in my endeavors - one was replaced with Breezewood and the other replaced with single-lane tunnels
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Dougtone

There was a thread on MTR about 6-7 years ago called "The sad, broken family of X-78's".  I think that for the purposes of this thread, it may be amusing to read the thread in the Google Groups archives.

hbelkins

Greetings from Hoosier Country. My number is 164. I'm afraid that a slimmer, smaller number that just moved in to the north of me is going to take me over. I'm hearing that 69 is going to one day run from Indianapolis all the way to Texas and wants to use me as part of the route. At least my parent isn't going to gobble me up like what happened to 265 down in Tennessee, but it's sad all the same to know that I'll be gone in a few years. Give my regards to 390 in New York, I hear the same thing's gonna happen to him once they link 99 from the State College area into New York.

Scott5114

Quote from: dougtone on November 30, 2009, 07:41:30 PM
There was a thread on MTR about 6-7 years ago called "The sad, broken family of X-78's".  I think that for the purposes of this thread, it may be amusing to read the thread in the Google Groups archives.

http://www.nycroads.com/history/I-78_broken/
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Dougtone

Quote from: Scott5114 on November 30, 2009, 08:21:20 PM
Quote from: dougtone on November 30, 2009, 07:41:30 PM

http://www.nycroads.com/history/I-78_broken/

That's the one.  I thought it was fitting for this topic.

mightyace

Quote from: hbelkins on November 30, 2009, 12:01:20 AM
Wait, wait!!! WTF? I don't exist anymore? My parent ate me? OMG!!!! The horror, the horror!

OBTW ... Rocky Top sucks. :ded:

Hi, I-440 here!  I-265 should be glad he was put out of his misery, Music City doesn't treat it's 3dis well.  It took forever for me to be built as the NIMBYs were busy.  Hey some of the bridges over me are landscaped to disguise the fact that you're crossing over an interstate!  By the time I was finished, it was clear my four lanes were too few but I doubt the NIMBYs will let me expand.

My east end is a convoluted mess.  I'm signed from I-40 along a short duplex with I-24 but not eastward.  I don't know if I end at I-24 or at I-40 and my daddy won't tell me.

Oh well, at least me and my pal, I-65 have the only stack interchange within a 100 miles!

And, being close to Vanderbilt University, don't like Rocky Top either.  But, that's mainly because those $%^%$&*#@ UT fans play it all the time when they come to town to beat Vandy up!
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Brandon

I-69 here.  Never had any desire to go beyond Indianapolis to Texas, much less Mississippi.  I understand that Mississippi has been signing an imposter of me on one of their state routes.  Only one child route, I-469, but plenty of business loops in Michigan.  Shoot, I even swing both ways there, north-south and east-west!
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

njroadhorse

I-271 here.  My sole purpose in life is to bypass people around the booming city of Cleveland.  Not that great of a purpose, right?  There is a perk that makes me an individual in the Interstate world though.  I am the only one in the entire country to have a multiplex with my own 3di kind!  I-480 is my best buddy in the world, and we would do anything for each other.  So, if your ever near Cleveland...
NJ Roads FTW!

hbelkins

Hey, I'm I-181 and I can relate to my Hoosier cousin 164. At least when my Tennessee cousin I-265 disappeared, his parent swallowed him. When it happened to me, 26 was the guilty party. Hope those of you who knew me have fond memories. At least US 23 lives on to preserve my legacy.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: OracleUsr on October 25, 2009, 08:54:37 PM
Hi, I-229 here.  I have no control cities from my southern terminus because my northern terminus is at a gravel road.

Actually, per Google Street View, the county road past the northern terminus of I-229 is now paved.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

PATurnpikeFan816

Hello, I am I-81. I connect Bristol, Staunton, D.C., Harrisburg, Hazleton, SWB, and Syracuse to Canada and I am part of the fastest route from DC to Ottawa.
US Roads covered (especially Eastern PA)

I create fictional maps in my spare time.

GPS is not GOD.

Max Rockatansky

Really 2009 this thread got necro-revived from?   I know a lot of people have been asking for old threads to be brought back when a topic returns...but damn.  :-D

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.