AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Rocheport I-70 Missouri River Crossing  (Read 5384 times)

mvak36

• Last Login: Today at 07:28:24 AM
Re: Rocheport I-70 Missouri River Crossing
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2021, 09:54:14 PM »

Video with some more details on the overall project:

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/local/modot-outlines-rocheport-bridge-plans/article_a495d396-fae1-11eb-bc43-6bbe10ee8137.html

After this it should be fairly simply to widen the rest of the interstate to 6 lanes between STL and KC, no?
Assuming the infrastructure bill passes the House, I donít know if they will get enough to widen across the whole state but hopefully they will widen some sections with that money.

In my opinion, they should probably start at Wentzville and work their way westward. Hopefully they can do some of the trickier sections (like the railroad bridge between exits 208 and 209) first.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

skluth

• Last Login: January 20, 2022, 09:19:50 PM
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2021, 01:28:20 PM »

https://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/local/modot-outlines-rocheport-bridge-plans/article_a495d396-fae1-11eb-bc43-6bbe10ee8137.html

After this it should be fairly simply to widen the rest of the interstate to 6 lanes between STL and KC, no?
Assuming the infrastructure bill passes the House, I donít know if they will get enough to widen across the whole state but hopefully they will widen some sections with that money.

In my opinion, they should probably start at Wentzville and work their way westward. Hopefully they can do some of the trickier sections (like the railroad bridge between exits 208 and 209) first.

Wentzville is one of the tougher sections to widen I-70 for six lanes. A railroad viaduct would need to be rebuilt and there are some frontage roads built right up to the interstate. Wentzville and Columbia may be the last sections of I-70 widened from four lanes to six. It would be better and easier to just start six-laning the rest of I-70 in spurts starting from the new bridge and east from KC and wait for the voter demand to widen the remainder.

will_e_777

• Last Login: Today at 03:18:53 AM
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2021, 04:09:21 PM »

Is Modot going to have to widen that cut through the bluffs on the east side of the river?
Rocky Mountain man.

Great Lakes Roads

• Ain't nobody got time for that!!

• Last Login: Today at 04:26:01 AM
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2021, 04:49:25 PM »

Wentzville is one of the tougher sections to widen I-70 for six lanes. A railroad viaduct would need to be rebuilt and there are some frontage roads built right up to the interstate. Wentzville and Columbia may be the last sections of I-70 widened from four lanes to six. It would be better and easier to just start six-laning the rest of I-70 in spurts starting from the new bridge and east from KC and wait for the voter demand to widen the remainder.

https://www.modot.org/i-70-improvements-wentzville-parkway-route-z
It states that construction will tentatively start on that stretch in Wentzville in Fall 2023.

mvak36

• Last Login: Today at 07:28:24 AM
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2021, 04:54:06 PM »

It states that construction will tentatively start on that stretch in Wentzville in Fall 2023.
Thatís good to hear. Hopefully they can widen a few more sections of 70 with the infrastructure bill money.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

skluth

• Last Login: January 20, 2022, 09:19:50 PM
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2021, 04:55:37 PM »

Thanks for the info. That at least takes care of the railroad viaduct. Additional lanes west of Wentzville Parkway would probably need to be added in the median with a Jersey barrier down the middle because of the adjacent frontage roads. Widening I-70 through Columbia will still be a bear though.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.