News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-69 in TX

Started by Grzrd, October 09, 2010, 01:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghostbuster

They should hold off on signing Interstate 169 until the roadway is completed as a four-lane highway between TX 48 and Interstate 69E.

Thegeet

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on July 17, 2021, 12:53:13 PM
They should hold off on signing Interstate 169 until the roadway is completed as a four-lane highway between TX 48 and Interstate 69E.
True. Technically they could sign it now, but it's too small of a section of freeway to unveil a I-169 sign. Also, when can we expect them to construct a direct connector from I-69E NB? Or is that not possible due to funding?

achilles765

I know this is a crazy thought and will likely never happen, but I really wish they would sign slut 527 here in Houston as IH 569.
I love freeways and roads in any state but Texas will always be first in my heart

Thegeet

Quote from: achilles765 on July 18, 2021, 02:02:17 AM
I know this is a crazy thought and will likely never happen, but I really wish they would sign slut 527 here in Houston as IH 569.

It is possible. Although it isn't likely right now, it may be in the future. And yeah, it's crazy. Especially when you bring it out with a nice typo (sorry).

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: Thegeet on July 18, 2021, 02:05:02 AM
Quote from: achilles765 on July 18, 2021, 02:02:17 AM

It is possible. Although it isn't likely right now, it may be in the future. And yeah, it's crazy. Especially when you bring it out with a nice typo (sorry).

Slut 527 aside, I have wanted I-569 to go to SH-288/SH-332 from Surfside Beach to I-69 in Houston.  The interstate designation will get everyone off their butts and actually make the whole thing a legit freeway, plus it will have route connectivity to the northern part of I-69.  Slut 527 could still be I-569, and my route could be I-969. 

sprjus4

Took a drive along US-77 today to see progress on the ongoing construction between Robstown and Bishop, upgrading the existing roadway to interstate standards by constructing a new northbound mainline and frontage road on the east side, along with a new location bypass of Driscoll to the east of the town.

All pictures were taken headed northbound on US-77, unless otherwise noted.

Approaching the southern end of the construction zone, just beyond the US-77 Business overpass, future northbound frontage road can be seen to the right.

Approaching County Rd 12 / FM-3354 intersection, future I-69E / US-77 northbound overpass can be seen to the right.

Future I-69E / US-77 northbound overpass over County Rd 12 / FM-3354.

Sign assembly over the future northbound lanes listing I-69E / US-77 with no control city, another gantry to the right presumably for an eventual 1 mile advance sign for the US-77 Business split.

Sign assembly over the future northbound lanes at the US-77 Business split, one sign listing I-69E / US-77, again with no control city, and the other listing US-77 Business "Exit Only".

Another vantage point of the above signage. In the distance, you can see where the bypass splits off to the east.

Future I-69E / US-77 mainline bridges over the future off-ramp towards US-77 Business heading into Driscoll.

Just beyond the future bypass split continuing onto what will eventually become US-77 Business, you can see the bypass heading off in the background, with an overpass over County Rd 18.

Taken from along County Rd 79, approaching the location of the future I-69E / FM-665 interchange.

Future I-69E / US-77 mainline bridges over FM-665 heading eastbound.

I-69E / FM-665 interchange - future on-ramp to I-69E South.

Another view of the I-69E / US-77 mainline bridges over FM-665 from underneath, note the large (roughly 70 ft) median being used on this segment.

I-69E / FM-665 interchange - future off-ramp from I-69E North.

Future I-69E / US-77 mainline bridges over FM-665 heading westbound.

I-69E / FM-665 interchange - future on-ramp to I-69E North.

I-69E / FM-665 interchange - future off-ramp from I-69E South.

Back onto US-77 Northbound, approaching the future tie-in of the new bypass onto the existing road.

Future I-69E / US-77 bridges over the future on-ramp from US-77 Business onto the mainline.

More construction north of the bypass location, upgrading the "gap" between the bypass and the existing I-69(E) - still signed as solely "I-69" - segment south of Robstown to interstate standards.

Thegeet

^^^^
Once again, thank you! I knew they pre-signed the bypass as I-69E.

Unfortunately, I couldn't capture the US 59 segment in construction in Victoria because I had to drive my parents (who consumed alcohol, not much, but still) and my iPhone storage is full (looks like the "Other"  is consuming my phone storage). However, the paving for the overpass has been laid. Only needs new ramps and the wireframe is set for the concrete siderail barriers things (or whatever you call the edges of the bridges). However, I have captured a few days ago, the FM 1162 overpass in El Campo.

Plutonic Panda

A simple ^^^^ could have sufficed

edwaleni

Once this segment is done, I assume the I-69E signage will get extended to Kingsville?

Brahma Boulevard was closed but I don't think the median is to standard here.

Bobby5280

Quote from: Plutonic PandaA simple ^^^^ could have sufficed

Yeah, no kidding! Why quote a huge post (including all the images) just to add a couple of sentences? It causes all kinds of unnecessary scrolling. This isn't the only forum where I've seen participants do that.

Thegeet

^^^^
Ock. Fixéd.
Quote from: edwaleni on July 21, 2021, 09:36:07 AM
Once this segment is done, I assume the I-69E signage will get extended to Kingsville?

Brahma Boulevard was closed but I don't think the median is to standard here.
In this case, it would be interesting to see whether they shift the paving or install median barriers.

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Bobby5280 on July 21, 2021, 01:53:47 PM

Yeah, no kidding! Why quote a huge post (including all the images) just to add a couple of sentences? It causes all kinds of unnecessary scrolling. This isn't the only forum where I've seen participants do that.
I've seen waaaaay worse lol.

Thegeet, thank you for fixing that!

Thegeet

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on July 21, 2021, 05:25:33 PM
Quote from: Bobby5280 on July 21, 2021, 01:53:47 PM

I've seen waaaaay worse lol.

Thegeet, thank you for fixing that!
You're welcome.

TheBox

Whiling the updates to I-69E/US-77 at Discroll and I-69/US-59 at FB County is nice and all, but any updates on the direct I-69/US-59 Nacogdoches intersection?
Wake me up when they upgrade US-290 between the state's largest city and growing capital into expressway standards if it interstate standards.

Giddings bypass, Elgin bypass, and Elgin-Manor freeway/tollway when?

Thegeet

Quote from: TheBox on July 25, 2021, 11:57:45 AM
Whiling the updates to I-69E/US-77 at Discroll and I-69/US-59 at FB County is nice and all, but any updates on the direct I-69/US-59 Nacogdoches intersection?
None. But, from May: https://youtu.be/QCBwl8c7DDw

TheBox

and what about the I-69/US-59 Cleveland interstate standard upgrade?
Wake me up when they upgrade US-290 between the state's largest city and growing capital into expressway standards if it interstate standards.

Thegeet

Quote from: TheBox on July 25, 2021, 12:03:17 PM
No updates either. In fact, I am unaware of the details, other than they will have new frontage roads. Are they supposed to take down the underpass at the SH 105 interchange?

Also, any word on the Diboll bypass yet?

TheBox

Quote from: Thegeet on July 25, 2021, 12:09:24 PM
No updates either. In fact, I am unaware of the details, other than they will have new frontage roads. Are they supposed to take down the underpass at the SH 105 interchange?

Also, any word on the Diboll bypass yet?
Nope, nothing about it either

tho there was this article from 2020
https://kicks105.com/txdot-updates-progress-on-three-major-construction-sites/

TheBox

Also, remember the Marshall Loop 390 extension/US-59/I-369 bypass project?
What happened to that? last i heard of it was 2019

https://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/news/harrison-county-gets-first-look-at-proposed-loop-390-extension/article_880b4294-25bc-11e9-b0e0-139f59ec873e.html

Thegeet

^
It won't begin construction until minimum 4 years.

ethanhopkin14

I have been saying these little sections of freeway could be signed as I-69, leaving the non-freeways gaps between freeway sections with TO I-69 shields.  I think it would help give some route continuity to the whole route, plus get locals used to the I-69 designation before it is officially I-69, especially since I don't see US-59 existing in Texas once the I-69 project is complete.  Might as well start the conversion. 

Bobby5280

Didn't they do that sort of thing (sign disconnected segments of Interstate highways as Interstates) back in the 1970's and earlier when big parts of the Interstate highway system were still under construction? I seem to remember segments of I-10 being treated in that fashion.

ethanhopkin14

Quote from: Bobby5280 on July 26, 2021, 02:35:25 PM
Didn't they do that sort of thing (sign disconnected segments of Interstate highways as Interstates) back in the 1970's and earlier when big parts of the Interstate highway system were still under construction? I seem to remember segments of I-10 being treated in that fashion.

Yes they did. 

Thegeet

How long will it take upon freeway completion for I-69 to be designated on US 59:

1. From Cleveland to Splendora?
2. Spur 10 to Fort Bend/Wharton county line ?

sprjus4

Quote from: Thegeet on July 26, 2021, 06:45:47 PM
How long will it take upon freeway completion for I-69 to be designated on US 59:

1. From Cleveland to Splendora?
2. Spur 10 to Fort Bend/Wharton county line ?
My guess, with at least the second one, is that given the project is effectively extending from an existing I-69 segment, it would be signed immediately.

A similar project of this nature, the Driscoll Bypass and interstate upgrade between Bishop and Robstown, already has "I-69E"  shields on the new signage, as seen in the above pictures.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.