AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

on: Today at 10:19:51 PM 
Started by planxtymcgillicuddy - Last post by J N Winkler
I just collect junk mail that may or may not have PII and shred it unopened once or twice a year.

on: Today at 10:18:57 PM 
Started by Crash_It - Last post by kphoger
You're 100% biased toward Illinois and can't at all admit that another state might be better than Illinois in certain categories.

This, this, a thousand times this.

I'm not saying Michigan is a "slam dunk" or that it "blows away" Illinois—as some others have said—but it does seem a bit ridiculous to claim that Illinois is objectively a better vacation destination than Michigan.  Personally, I think Michigan has it by a margin, just not a hugely wide margin.  But you seem to be unable to even consider that it might possibly be true.  That's a problem.

on: Today at 10:15:24 PM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by Max Rockatansky
Why hang onto scraps?  I’ve shaved my head before, I like the clean feel.  My wife is the one who stops me from doing it now. 

on: Today at 10:14:43 PM 
Started by Crash_It - Last post by Rothman
Illinois is also a rather boring state outside of Chicago.

This is 1000% false, I strongly hope that you aren't serious. Illinois is one of those states where it would take a lifetime to burn out all there's to do. Unlike Michigan for example which doesn't even make the top 10

https://wallethub.com/edu/most-fun-states/34665

Edit:

Wow, even Ohio is considered a funner state than Michigan. How could you be a more boring state than Ohio?

I don't often laugh out loud when reading forum posts, but this one... this one did it.

What's your take on Wisconsin then? More or less interesting than Illinois?

I absolutely can't stand that place and it's #15 on that list of funnest states. I guess the mistreatment of my grandmother who I was close with within the healthcare system there that led to her eventual death nearly 5 years ago is part of my disdain for that place.

And here's a new article that was just released and again good news for Illinois especially vs Wisconsin and Michigan

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-states-for-millennials/33371
Wallethub as your source again? LMAO.
Ad hominem.

on: Today at 10:12:56 PM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by kphoger
This makes a lot of sense. I definitely think that compromise, harmony, and coming to an agreement is important. It's just that the phrase "becoming one flesh" doesn't really read that way if you're not familiar with the nuance of the term.

That part of the Hebrew scriptures were written in ... oh, probably by the seventh Century BC or so.  The stories contained therein surely have an oral tradition that extends back well beyond that date, but the written form is from somewhere around then.  And ancient Hebrew is a very concrete language.  It had nowhere near the amount of vocabulary that modern English does (nor that the Koine Greek of the New Testament had), and non-physical realities were most naturally described in physical terms.  Thus, the union of husband and wife was naturally described in terms of flesh.  It surely does involve the physical act of sexual intercourse, but the idea extends well beyond that.

I don't want to lose my hair, but if I do, oh well. Genetics says that I might since my maternal grandfather was pretty thin. That said, when I do, I'll just bic it and rock the bald head and beard.

If I started going bald I would just shave my head,

Am I the only who wouldn't shave his head if he started going bald?

on: Today at 10:11:30 PM 
Started by MDOTFanFB - Last post by Flint1979
By the way all eight lanes are open between mile markers 148 and 150 on I-75. The median is complete and the new signs have been installed on the southbound side. I think they are just working on demolishing the rest of the old ramps and completing the project. I-75 is now eight lanes between I-475 at mile marker 125 and I-675 at mile marker 150 and eight lanes again between mile marker 155 and 164.
Do you know what the deal is with that halfway built or demolished bridge near mm 171 on I-75.  It seems like it's just been sitting like that with no work being done for a couple of years now.
You're talking about the Parish Road overpass. They had that completely demolished last year and are rebuilding it now it should be done later this year. This was all part of a $29 million project to rebuild 5 miles of I-75 in that area.

I-75 will probably back up in this area. M-13 or 7 Mile Road work good for alternate routes to I-75 in that area.
It doesn't look like any work is being done on the bridge and nothing has been done for a very long time.
They just started that project last year and had it completely shut down over the winter. It's been a little while since I've been through there I'll have to look and see if they are doing any work when I go through there next time. It's only about 20 miles from my house.
I go through there a couple of times a week.  There's nothing going on.  Maybe they'll start back up after Memorial Day, but it almost looks like the project has been abandoned.  There's some construction equipment shoved off to the side, but it just looks like a very odd place to leave the bridge hanging, and it seems like it's been like that since long before winter arrived.
I was just through there about an hour ago and got off at the Linwood exit and went around to both sides of it and there isn't anything going on. I'm sure it's something that they are going to get back to because there wasn't any construction on I-75 itself either so nothing is going on at the present moment on this project. The bridge was demolished in April 2021 but it seems like work has been going on in Bay, Saginaw and Genesee counties forever on I-75. I'm not complaining about the construction in Oakland County too much and that is a different region of MDOT anyway.

But still it says that the project resumed in April 2022 and will be complete in August 2022. It's almost June and I see a stalled construction site.

Memorial Day is the unofficial start of Construction Season in the Upper Midwest.
Construction season started over a month ago here.

on: Today at 10:11:06 PM 
Started by kphoger - Last post by Rothman
Thread's overrated now.

on: Today at 10:10:19 PM 
Started by Crash_It - Last post by Flint1979

This is 1000% false, I strongly hope that you aren't serious. Illinois is one of those states where it would take a lifetime to burn out all there's to do. Unlike Michigan for example which doesn't even make the top 10

Edit:

Wow, even Ohio is considered a funner state than Michigan. How could you be a more boring state than Ohio?

I don't often laugh out loud when reading forum posts, but this one... this one did it.

I absolutely can't stand that place and it's #15 on that list of funnest states. I guess the mistreatment of my grandmother who I was close with within the healthcare system there that led to her eventual death nearly 5 years ago is part of my disdain for that place.

And here's a new article that was just released and again good news for Illinois especially vs Wisconsin and Michigan

Wallethub as your source again? LMAO.

on: Today at 10:08:09 PM 
Started by Crash_It - Last post by Flint1979
If you take Detroit and Chicago away Michigan blows Illinois away.
So you're saying skyscrapers make Illinois less flat?
I'm talking about Illinois being boring now. I'm saying that Michigan has more interesting things to do if you take Chicago and Detroit away. For example, I think that Michigan's State Parks blow the one's in Illinois away.

on: Today at 10:07:08 PM 
Started by Crash_It - Last post by Max Rockatansky

Edit:

Speaking of mistreating people, are you ducking out on answering for this?  I thought you were all in on owning what you said on the trucker page?

https://fb.watch/dfWUwC25tF/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.