Regional Boards > Central States

Toll Lanes on US 69 in Overland Park

(1/13) > >>

Ned Weasel:
https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/officials-explore-tolls-to-help-fund-expansion-of-69-highway-in-overland-park

This seems like a more sensible way to do freeway widening.  But I still wish they would talk about putting a ramp meter on the northbound ramp from 119th Street, fixing the southbound left entrance from Blue Valley Parkway and the poorly signed lane drop at 135th Street, and finding a way to address the northbound weaving issues at the remaining inner loops of the cloverleaf at I-435.

Baloo Uriza:

--- Quote from: stridentweasel on February 15, 2020, 11:29:16 PM ---https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/officials-explore-tolls-to-help-fund-expansion-of-69-highway-in-overland-park

This seems like a more sensible way to do freeway widening.  But I still wish they would talk about putting a ramp meter on the northbound ramp from 119th Street, fixing the southbound left entrance from Blue Valley Parkway and the poorly signed lane drop at 135th Street, and finding a way to address the northbound weaving issues at the remaining inner loops of the cloverleaf at I-435.

--- End quote ---

Lexus lanes... doesn't do anything to relieve traffic, doesn't really do much for funding, but god does it line whatever private company they're outsourcing the public commons to.

Scott5114:
I mean, if you're going to build Lexus lanes, it makes sense to build them in Johnson County. Hell of a lot of Lexuses in Overland Park.

Baloo Uriza:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on February 16, 2020, 05:10:08 AM ---I mean, if you're going to build Lexus lanes, it makes sense to build them in Johnson County. Hell of a lot of Lexuses in Overland Park.

--- End quote ---

Make 'em HOV lanes and you might actually see an impact on traffic.  Heck, don't even need to widen, then, just reuse an existing lane.

ozarkman417:

--- Quote from: Baloo Uriza on February 16, 2020, 12:44:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Scott5114 on February 16, 2020, 05:10:08 AM ---I mean, if you're going to build Lexus lanes, it makes sense to build them in Johnson County. Hell of a lot of Lexuses in Overland Park.

--- End quote ---

Make 'em HOV lanes and you might actually see an impact on traffic.  Heck, don't even need to widen, then, just reuse an existing lane.

--- End quote ---
The section they are wanting to widen is currently only four lanes, two in each direction. One HOV lane and one normal lane would just make things worse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version