2 (16.7%)
Saturday, October 17
8 (66.7%)
Sunday, October 18
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: June 20, 2020, 09:17:35 PM

Nikolai

I've planned out the route and list of attractions for our tour. Printed copies will be provided.

Here's the Facebook event page for the meet. RSVP there so I can estimate how many to expect, and feel free to invite your other roadgeek friends.

You can bring your own lunch to the picnic shelter of Harris Memorial Park in Lee's Summit around 11:30, or just meet us for the tour that departs at 12:30.

Remember to keep at least six feet away from others whenever possible, and wear a mask when you can't keep that distance. It's currently required in all the areas we'll be touring (Kansas City, Missouri; Wyandotte County; Eastern Jackson County).

I'll be hosting a road meet in Kansas City this October, with assistance from local Gene VanDusseldorp, on Saturday, October 17.

Highlights will include:

• The old and new Lewis and Clark Viaducts
  • The elaborate 12th Street Viaduct
  • Alphabet Loop
  • The "divergabout" in Lee's Summit
I'll share the lunch meeting location and the tour route in late summer.

jpi

If its the 3rd Saturday then I am 100% in, Sunday I would be in St Louis for a toy show so this would work out great for me, my vote is the 16th :bigass:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

A.J. Bertin

I very much want to attend this meet if I can.  My husband and I are supposed to be away on vacation from October 8 to 24, so I voted for Saturday, October 3.  However, our vacation includes a European cruise which we very well might end up cancelling given all the madness that's going on in the world right now.  So if this meet ends up happening later in October, there's a chance I still be able to attend after all.
-A.J. from Michigan

dvferyance

I have been wanting to visit KC for awhile so I am considering it.

ozarkman417

I might be able to do this one as it is very close by, though October is a busy month for me.

route56

Being as I'm a "local," I'm in for any date. LMK if you need any assistance.
Peace to you, and... don't drive like my brother.

R.P.K.

Brandon

FYI, Gene is looking at October 17 for the rescheduled San Antonio Meet.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

A.J. Bertin

I'm hoping there's at least a two-week buffer between the San Antonio and Kansas City meets to help those of us who want to attend both if possible.
-A.J. from Michigan

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Alps

Quote from: Rothman on April 16, 2020, 07:28:54 AM
Why two weeks, specifically?
A lot of people don't like traveling 2 weekends in a row.

Nikolai

Quote from: Brandon on April 15, 2020, 11:21:29 PM
FYI, Gene is looking at October 17 for the rescheduled San Antonio Meet.

Yep, he notified me and we'll choose a solution that doesn't overlap.

Rothman

Quote from: Alps on April 16, 2020, 10:09:50 AM

Poor old people. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

A.J. Bertin

-A.J. from Michigan

Duke87

And see, here I was thinking that if they are on consecutive weekends I might be able to combine the two into one trip.

Meanwhile if they are 2-3 weeks apart I'd be more likely to pick only one of the two to attend.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Rothman

SSOWorld

Put SA on one weekend, KC on the next, us midwesterners can knock off two road meets with fun in between.

HOUSTON Hello!!!
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

ozarkman417

Quote from: SSOWorld on April 16, 2020, 08:34:06 PM
Put SA on one weekend, KC on the next, us midwesterners can knock off two road meets with fun in between.
Especially those along I-35

hbelkins

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on April 16, 2020, 07:54:39 PM
Quote from: Rothman on April 16, 2020, 03:17:48 PM

Poor old people. :D

Not just old people! LOL

Several years ago (at least 12, when I was in my 40s), I did long-distance meets on back-to-back weekends. I think they were in Michigan and New York. After that, I decided I wouldn't do two long trips in a row like that anymore. Now, I did do back-to-back meets a few years later (Hampton Roads and Nashville), but the latter was a reasonably short drive.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Duke87 on April 16, 2020, 08:27:05 PM

And see, here I was thinking that if they are on consecutive weekends I might be able to combine the two into one trip.

Meanwhile if they are 2-3 weeks apart I'd be more likely to pick only one of the two to attend.

For me, the issue is not wanting to be away from my husband and cat for that many consecutive days.  I would rather be gone 6 or 7 days for one trip, come home for 7 or 8 days, and then go on a separate trip for, say, 4 or 5 days... as opposed to being away from home for, say, 12 consecutive days in one shot.  Maybe I'd feel differently if I lived on the East Coast and was wanting to drive to both of these meets, but being in Michigan, I'm close enough where I'd much prefer to do these trips separately.  But that's just me.  :)
-A.J. from Michigan

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Unlike some, who've posted above :poke:, my job wouldn't allow me to use more than 11 days off in a row. That prohibits me from taking back-to-back weekends off to drive to Kansas City followed by San Antonio (or vice versa) from Central Ohio. So yeah, back-to-back weekends for roadmeets wouldn't help me.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

A.J. Bertin

Gene just announced on Facebook that the San Antonio meet will be October 3.
-A.J. from Michigan

Nikolai

With San Antonio on October 3, and a rescheduled event eliminating the possibility of October 10/11 for me, I'm going to go ahead and choose the poll leader of October 17 as the Kansas City road meet date.

SSOWorld

Plans for me are true for San Antonio.  I can make a weekend out of this - but far into the future this is.  No commitments yet. (FYI I won't respond to public events on Facebook due to their tracking schemes).
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

PHLBOS

I won't be able to attend due to a prior commitment for that weekend.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

SSOWorld

Quote from: SSOWorld on April 21, 2020, 04:22:28 AM
Plans for me are true for San Antonio.  I can make a weekend out of this - but far into the future this is.  No commitments yet. (FYI I won't respond to public events on Facebook due to their tracking schemes).
Slight update on this - as my work has put us in a situation where PTO is at a premium now due to shutdowns and no comp time, I must choose one.  I can't do that yet.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.