Regional Boards > Central States

Oklahoma's First DDI To Open Soon

(1/3) > >>

rte66man:
from ODOT:
https://www.ok.gov/odot/I-40_and_SH-6_Diverging_Diamond_Interchange.html

--- Quote ---Elk City's Diverging Diamond Interchange at I-40 & SH-6

Oklahoma's first DDI

I-40 and SH-6 Interchange in Elk City now OPEN in final DDI configuration marking a state first
Drivers should be aware of the new traffic configuration at the I-40 and SH-6/Main St. interchange in Elk City with the opening of the state's first Diverging Diamond Interchange:

SH-6 traffic is now in its final DDI configuration. Drivers should use caution as they enter the reconfigured interchange for the first few times.

* Motorists need to pay additional attention to all traffic control devices, including the new traffic signals, pavement markings and signage as well as follow the speed limit.
* This area remains an active construction zone through winter 2020. Motorists are urged to use caution as traffic adjusts to the new configuration.
* Drivers on I-40 lanes and ramps as well as SH-6 lanes may experience intermittent closures as final work continues. The project is set to complete in winter 2020.
--- End quote ---

Bobby5280:
Didn't ODOT have another DDI planned for the Covell Road interchange with I-35 in Edmond? If so, what happened with that project?

Plutonic Panda:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on September 25, 2020, 12:18:48 AM ---Didn't ODOT have another DDI planned for the Covell Road interchange with I-35 in Edmond? If so, what happened with that project?

--- End quote ---
Waterloo. It was supposed to be completed by now but it was pushed back. I think construction starts in 2023/24.

Bobby5280:
I figured ODOT would hit some of the arguably more busy intersections with I-35 farther South in Edmond. With some of the new things going up near the intersection of Covell Road and I-35 (ShowBiz Cinemas, a few restaurants, etc) they might end up having to convert that interchange into a SPUI.

rte66man:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on September 25, 2020, 12:27:25 PM ---I figured ODOT would hit some of the arguably more busy intersections with I-35 farther South in Edmond. With some of the new things going up near the intersection of Covell Road and I-35 (ShowBiz Cinemas, a few restaurants, etc) they might end up having to convert that interchange into a SPUI.

--- End quote ---

Not likely as that intersection was just rebuilt about 10 years ago. There are plans to do a full interchange at Danforth but the best candidate for a DDI is 2nd Street.  That interchange is brutal for local traffic.

Also, Waterloo Road is scheduled for Utilities in FFY 2022 and construction in FFY2023

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version