News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Visiting nightclubs when you're 5

Started by bandit957, September 04, 2020, 09:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

I have a friend who found an accessory online that she had 3D printed for her that has a modern controller shape, but with a cutout the size of an NES controller. The NES controller snaps into it, so you have the exact performance of the original hardware but with modern ergonomics.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

GCrites

Max Rockatansky

Bet that become a problem when you try to hit the left D Pad button and smash your thumb into that black overhang.

Rothman

Wonder if my parents still have our Power Glove somewhere...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

I love the Power Glove, it's so bad...

bugo

I have short, stubby, fat fingers, which might be why the NES controllers hurt my fingers so much. I play guitar, and having short, fat fingers is a handicap for a guitarist that I've had to overcome to a nonzero amount of success. I also play bass, and a standard 34" scale Fender bass is just too big for my hands. I played a 30" scale Fender Mustang bass that I adored. It was made in Mexico and the quality was great. It had a pau ferro fretboard, which is a wood that has gotten very popular in the last 10 years because rosewood was believed to fall under CITES regulations limiting its use in musical instruments, but that was reversed and now rosewood is as easy to get as it was before, but some companies still use pau ferro. Pau ferro feels harder and denser than rosewood. It feels more like maple, but even harder. Some pau ferro is all the same color. but there are often lighter stripes in it. This can either improve or harm the looks of the guitar, depending on your perspective. I really like the way it feels, but a lot of boomers who hate change and anything that is different bitch and moan about it all day. I have been told that I am a better bassist than a guitarist, but who knows. I haven't played bass nearly as much as I have played guitar.

GCrites

Quote from: Rothman on August 01, 2023, 09:56:09 PM
Wonder if my parents still have our Power Glove somewhere...

I had one for a little while when I was 14. I barely remember using it. Around age 24 I picked up another one and was still blah about it. Finally around 38 I gave it one more shot before putting it on the shelf in one of my game stores. It indeed wound up on the shelf and took a year to sell at market rate (in the original box).

Max Rockatansky

I want a Power Glove so I can have my cronies bring it me in an oversized aluminum case.

That or so I can replicate the ending of Abobo's Big Adventure (at 4:09):

Road Hog

I was a bit older than 5 but my grandparents were active in the VFW and I used to tag along whenever they had to visit the post during the day whenever I stayed with them. They had a house drum kit on the stage and my grandmother, who was the post bookkeeper, quickly had to hide the sticks from me.

triplemultiplex

I hope you didn't let that stop you! :-D
That kick drum would still work without a stick. ;)
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.