News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Former CA 39 on Grand Avenue in Knott's Berry Farm

Started by Max Rockatansky, February 02, 2022, 11:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Last month I was obligated to go to Knott's Berry Farm on a family trip.  That being the case I managed to discover that CA 39 originally followed Grand Avenue past Knott's Berry Farm on LRN 171 from 1934-41:

https://www.gribblenation.org/2022/02/former-california-state-route-39.html

DTComposer

I'm surprised how early this detour took place - I would have thought it happened in the '50s.

Have you done any research on the CA-39's proposed and implied routes over the Puente Hills? I've always wanted to do some digging with regard to Hacienda Road (which seemed to be the original intended route), the abandoned extension of Azusa Avenue, and the Fullerton Road/Harbor Boulevard realignment (which is the de facto route, although not under state jurisdiction).

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: DTComposer on February 03, 2022, 08:05:30 PM
I'm surprised how early this detour took place - I would have thought it happened in the '50s.

Have you done any research on the CA-39's proposed and implied routes over the Puente Hills? I've always wanted to do some digging with regard to Hacienda Road (which seemed to be the original intended route), the abandoned extension of Azusa Avenue, and the Fullerton Road/Harbor Boulevard realignment (which is the de facto route, although not under state jurisdiction).

The gist I get from the 1935 Map data was that 39 was a heavily traveled highway around Knott's Berry Farm.  I was honestly hoping for more in the CHPW because the expansion of Knott's Berry Farm lines up too well IMO for there not to be causality with 39 moving off Grand.

I haven't done much for planned 39 between the Route segments aside from confirm it was indeed signed for awhile.  I suspect 39 is something I will be coming back to a couple times given I already had something written for Islip Saddle. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.