Regional Boards > Southeast

Florida’s Turnpike

(1/5) > >>

Plutonic Panda:
Catch all thread discussion for the Florida Turnpike.

More opposition to the expansion. I hope this turnpike extension is built.

https://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/transportation/2022-05-26/citrus-commissioners-oppose-plans-expand-florida-turnpike

1995hoo:
I’m pleased to be able to use E-ZPass on the Turnpike, but I find the way they’ve implemented cashless tolling to be mildly annoying. Instead of a single entry for the old ticket system like you’d see on the Jersey Turnpike, there are constant gantries that charge separate line items for stupid amounts like 32¢. At one point near Fort Pierce we passed under two toll gantries within four minutes. Makes for a messy statement when I looked online to see whether the tolls posted.

roadman65:
Polk Parkway is going cashless this Summer. That’s SR 570  near
Lakeland and part of the Turnpike as the FTE has roads in other areas besides the 309 miles of mainline and HEFT.

vdeane:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on May 28, 2022, 09:27:41 AM ---I’m pleased to be able to use E-ZPass on the Turnpike, but I find the way they’ve implemented cashless tolling to be mildly annoying. Instead of a single entry for the old ticket system like you’d see on the Jersey Turnpike, there are constant gantries that charge separate line items for stupid amounts like 32¢. At one point near Fort Pierce we passed under two toll gantries within four minutes. Makes for a messy statement when I looked online to see whether the tolls posted.

--- End quote ---
The Thruway did that too.  :crazy: Why can't more toll roads do it like the MassPike did and group them together so that the bill looks the same as it always did?

02 Park Ave:

--- Quote from: 1995hoo on May 28, 2022, 09:27:41 AM ---I’m pleased to be able to use E-ZPass on the Turnpike, but I find the way they’ve implemented cashless tolling to be mildly annoying. Instead of a single entry for the old ticket system like you’d see on the Jersey Turnpike, there are constant gantries that charge separate line items for stupid amounts like 32¢. At one point near Fort Pierce we passed under two toll gantries within four minutes. Makes for a messy statement when I looked online to see whether the tolls posted.

--- End quote ---

I drove down to Florida earlier this month.  Whilst down there I drove on the I-4 express lanes through Orlando and on the First Coast Expressway. I guess my next E-Z Pass statement will be quite lengthy.

What was most annoying was that both roads had signs at their entrances stating Sun Pass only although there were signs later on listing all of the passes accepted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version