News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Delaware

Started by Alex, February 11, 2009, 10:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epzik8

US 13 between Wrangle Hill and Dover is not daunting - I used it to shunpike DE 1 yesterday.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

74/171FAN

Quote from: epzik8 on May 02, 2022, 05:30:53 PM
US 13 between Wrangle Hill and Dover is not daunting - I used it to shunpike DE 1 yesterday.

That is surprising considering that NASCAR had to finish the Cup Series Race yesterday afternoon due to the rain Sunday.

TRAFFIC ALERT - Sussex County - Woodland Ferry Closed on Thursday, May 5, 2022
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

ixnay

When will they break ground on the DE 1/DE 16 interchange?  Isn't that supposed to begin this year?
The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

elsmere241

Quote from: 74/171FAN on May 06, 2022, 05:34:50 PM
(For DE 141) TRAFFIC ALERT - New Castle County - SB Rt 141 Ramp on to NB I-95 to Close for Contruction

There was a long line of cars queued up this morning in the left lane on Basin Road, waiting to turn around at Commons Blvd, to take the ramp the other way.

74/171FAN

Quote from: ixnay on May 10, 2022, 11:59:14 AM
When will they break ground on the DE 1/DE 16 interchange?  Isn't that supposed to begin this year?

The project website indicates that construction will start in June.

QuoteDesign and right-of-way acquisitions are complete. Utility relocations began in Fall 2021 and the road/bridge construction work is expected to begin in Spring 2022. The project was awarded to Adel Construction. Construction is expected to begin mid-June.

74/171FAN

ixnay

Quote from: 74/171FAN on May 17, 2022, 09:31:00 AM
Public Hearing For The Abandonment & Vacation of a Portion of Millers Neck Road Frankford, Delaware

Quote from: 74/171FAN on May 01, 2022, 02:25:04 PM
Five Points Transportation Study Public Meeting

I received an email yesterday noting that this meeting has been postponed due to yesterday's severe weather.

"If I were you I'd take a permanent vacation" (apologies to the Angels).

And that's what some want that stretch of road to do.
The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

Alex4897

Some plans for making improvements to the northern intersection between SR 4 / 7 in Stanton surfaced a little while ago, but interestingly DelDOT seems to be reevaluating the idea of extending Churchmans Road (and presumably SR 58?) through Delaware Park to connect to SR 2 near Milltown Road. That project has been floating around on WILMAPCO's long-range unfunded projects list for a while. Plans for the intersection itself seem pretty limited with only a couple extra turn lanes and lane extensions planned, it seems like they're hoping knocking both projects out without taking a bunch of properties will put a sizable dent in the capacity issues at area intersections.

https://deldot.gov/projects/index.shtml?dc=details&projectNumber=T200011101

Plans for the I-295 NB third lane project got an update recently as well, with a roundabout now planned at the end of the I-95 Airport Road ramp.

https://deldot.gov/projects/index.shtml?dc=details&projectNumber=T202109101
👉😎👉

elsmere241

I just processed a major subdivision of the Delaware Park property for New Castle County.  I don't know what all they want to do with it, but DelDOT might see an opportunity to come in and take what right-of-way they'd need.  If I see that (I process ROW takings too) I'll post it here.

NJRoadfan

Quote from: Alex4897 on May 19, 2022, 03:53:21 PM
Plans for the I-295 NB third lane project got an update recently as well, with a roundabout now planned at the end of the I-95 Airport Road ramp.

After endless construction here, now they decide to add a lane?

jeffandnicole

Quote from: NJRoadfan on May 19, 2022, 08:35:51 PM

What they did before was all part of the process to add that 3rd lane. This should be pretty easy to put in a lane now. 

The biggest project with the preferred alternative...even though it'll be 3 lanes for about 1/2 mile prior to the split, we'll still find a lot of crowding into the right 2 lanes from Rt. 1 to that point. 

Still not happy with the way they took I-295 on the SB side and made them lose a lane just after the merge with 95.  Seriously congests 295 now, especially during times when traffic was lighter and no congestion existed earlier.

74/171FAN

bluecountry

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 19, 2022, 08:55:34 PM
Quote from: NJRoadfan on May 19, 2022, 08:35:51 PM

What they did before was all part of the process to add that 3rd lane. This should be pretty easy to put in a lane now. 

The biggest project with the preferred alternative...even though it'll be 3 lanes for about 1/2 mile prior to the split, we'll still find a lot of crowding into the right 2 lanes from Rt. 1 to that point. 

Still not happy with the way they took I-295 on the SB side and made them lose a lane just after the merge with 95.  Seriously congests 295 now, especially during times when traffic was lighter and no congestion existed earlier.
Agreed.
That area needs a rebuild that I hope someday happens as follows:

-295 SB remains 4 lanes after the 495 N exit
-295 SB becomes 3 lanes after the Newport exit
-295 then splits, the center and right lanes merge onto 95 south 'thru'
   -the left and center lane flyover to serve as the exit for 4A,B,C and 3

Going further

95SB at the 495 merge splits:
-3 lanes are 95 SB thru, 2 lanes are for exits 5-3.

74/171FAN

(For DE 6)  Br 2-010A on Woodland Beach Rd over Duck Creek Virtual Workshop

QuoteThis workshop will be available online until 06/22/2022. View the workshop at: https://deldot.gov/projects/index.shtml?dc=details&projectNumber=T202007504

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

ixnay

Quote from: 74/171FAN on May 31, 2022, 03:04:52 PM
(For US 13 and DE 1)  TRAFFIC ALERT - New Castle County - NB Rt 13 Free Ramp onto NB DE Rt 1 to Close for Construction

At least it's not during the day.  Hope the old St. Georges Bridge (a landmark on my trips to the DE beaches while growing up in Delaware Co., PA) will hold up.

74/171FAN

elsmere241

Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 01, 2022, 05:47:07 PM
(For DE 72)  Possum Park Road and Old Possum Park Road Intersection Improvements Public Workshop

QuoteA relocation of the Old Possum Park Road/Possum Park Road intersection is needed because it is too close to the existing Possum Park intersection with St. Regis Drive.

And it's been that way for how long?

Alex4897

Quote from: elsmere241 on June 01, 2022, 07:36:31 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 01, 2022, 05:47:07 PM
(For DE 72)  Possum Park Road and Old Possum Park Road Intersection Improvements Public Workshop

QuoteA relocation of the Old Possum Park Road/Possum Park Road intersection is needed because it is too close to the existing Possum Park intersection with St. Regis Drive.

And it's been that way for how long?

Since the neighborhood was built in the late '60s per Historic Aerials.
👉😎👉

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.