News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Louisiana enforces Left Lane Blocking laws

Started by Alps, January 16, 2012, 08:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Brandon

About damn time.  Now let's see Illinois put their similar law to the same enforcement.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

JREwing78

It could certainly use enforcement in certain parts of Wisconsin (I-39/90 south of Madison).

SSOWorld

I agree on Illinois - they have it (though the signs don't say such) but don't enforce it at all, but Wisconsin has a "slower traffic keep right" rule - which can be interpreted vaguely by police - thus rarely enforced - they'll nab the faster traffic for speeding before they dare mess with the slow driver in the left lane who helps the police by giving the fast guy a hint.

(NO, I'm not one of those slow idiots)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

agentsteel53

from the article:

"Troop E troopers have been enforcing this law since it went into effect," said Trooper Scott Moreau, public information officer for Troop E.

are the writers paid based on how many times they use the string "troop"?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

empirestate

I'm not too impressed with the rationale given for the law: "Some of the reasons why it is dangerous to drive in the left lane except when passing or turning left is it promotes road rage, hinders emergency vehicles from responding to emergencies, could encourage following too close and impedes the flow of traffic."

Except for the rare case of impeding emergency vehicles (already much more illegal than left-lane blocking I am sure), those reasons all sound kind of petty. How about the much more general, and important, creating an orderly system of rules that increases both safety and capacity?

corco

Why can't they just say "It's the reason the Germans have more traffic and less speed limits and don't die as much"

hbelkins

Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 17, 2012, 03:43:49 PM
from the article:

"Troop E troopers have been enforcing this law since it went into effect," said Trooper Scott Moreau, public information officer for Troop E.

are the writers paid based on how many times they use the string "troop"?

Hang on Troop E, Troop E hang on!

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Brandon

Quote from: corco on January 18, 2012, 12:06:17 PM
Why can't they just say "It's the reason the Germans have more traffic and less speed limits and don't die as much"

That'd piss off the safety nannies, especially given that it is true.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

bugo

If the cops around here would enforce that law, they would have a near-endless revenue source.  As greedy as the police are, I'm surprised they have not gone after the LLBs.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.