News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Bad milk in the 1980s/1990s/2000s

Started by bandit957, March 07, 2019, 10:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danthecatrafficlightfan

Quote from: bandit957 on March 08, 2019, 11:31:17 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on March 08, 2019, 11:29:51 AM
Quote from: bandit957 on March 08, 2019, 11:09:50 AM
I don't think United Dairy Farmers (a regional convenience store chain) carries whole milk at all anymore. Which is ridiculous, because it's United Dairy Farmers, not United Water Farmers.
Maybe they don't carry it any more because very few people drink whole milk.

Everyone I know drinks whole milk.

same i don't know anyone who drinks skim milk.
on the road again just can't wait to get on the road again because Life is a Highway and i want to ride it all night long. if you're going my way i want to drive it all night long.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: danthecatrafficlightfan on March 12, 2019, 12:11:13 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on March 08, 2019, 11:31:17 AM
Quote from: abefroman329 on March 08, 2019, 11:29:51 AM
Quote from: bandit957 on March 08, 2019, 11:09:50 AM
I don't think United Dairy Farmers (a regional convenience store chain) carries whole milk at all anymore. Which is ridiculous, because it's United Dairy Farmers, not United Water Farmers.
Maybe they don't carry it any more because very few people drink whole milk.

Everyone I know drinks whole milk.

I don't know anyone who drinks whole milk.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

How do you guys know what fat content all your friends' milk has?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on March 12, 2019, 04:52:14 PM
Overhead coffee shop orders, maybe you've looked in their fridge?

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on March 12, 2019, 04:52:14 PM
I am the universe. I know everything.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Rothman on March 12, 2019, 06:17:48 PM
This thread is bananas.

I like my bananas yellow with a slight tinge of green still.

Roadgeekteen

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on March 12, 2019, 05:24:35 PM
Overhead coffee shop

You mean, like at one of the Illinois toll road oases, where it's built above the highway?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on March 12, 2019, 10:14:45 PM
Quote from: abefroman329 on March 12, 2019, 05:24:35 PM
Overhead coffee shop

You mean, like at one of the Illinois toll road oases, where it's built above the highway?
No, one time I went to a coffee shop where everything was stacked vertically and the baristas were on zip lines, like that restaurant in Vegas where the wine cellar is several stories high and the sommeliers go up and down zip lines to retrieve the wine.

hbelkins

This thread is bananas.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

(Hadn't heard that song in ages until it was playing on the intercom the last time I went into my local Rite Aid. Called up the video to post it here, and see a cameo by a couple of people wearing University of Louisville cheerleading uniforms. Gag.)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

MNHighwayMan

Brandon

Quote from: hbelkins on March 13, 2019, 10:54:45 AM
This thread is bananas.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

(Hadn't heard that song in ages until it was playing on the intercom the last time I went into my local Rite Aid. Called up the video to post it here, and see a cameo by a couple of people wearing University of Louisville cheerleading uniforms. Gag.)

Damn you!  You beat me to posting that.  :-D
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Roadgeekteen

plain

I remember a store in Hampton, Va that consistently had bad milk in the late 1980's. When my mom sent me or my brother to get some, she told us to make sure we "lean the bottle" to see if the milk "sticks".

Most people I've seen lately drinks 2%. I don't drink plain milk myself no matter what percent it is, but will down a vanilla bean milkshake in a heartbeat  :sombrero:

As for everything else in this crazy ass thread, I hate both coffee & bananas, I drink tea hot or cold  with or without lemon, and I still can't believe they did surgery on a grape.
Newark born, Richmond bred

bugo

Yes. There was a huge stink in the 1980s when a bunch of cows tested positive for heptachlor which ruined the milk and they had to pour it all out.

CNGL-Leudimin

Fun fact: "Bad milk" is the literal translation of the Spanish colloquialism Mala leche, which means "bad intentions when doing something harmful to someone" (according to Wiktionary).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

bandit957

Quote from: bugo on March 17, 2019, 06:30:34 PM
Yes. There was a huge stink in the 1980s when a bunch of cows tested positive for heptachlor which ruined the milk and they had to pour it all out.

Yet 20 years later, they were still selling it around here.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

bugo

I only drink whole milk. I have a milk allergy so I have to buy lactose free milk, which is actually regular milk with the lactase enzyme added. I always get the Walmart brand because the Lactaid brand of milk contains fillers like carrageenan and the Walmart brand is pure milk plus lactase. The lactase doesn't change the flavor of the milk. Unfortunately, it is expensive and I rarely get it.

2% and 1/2% milk are to whole milk as Bud Light is to real beer.

bugo

Do you know where the shift keys are? There are two in case you lose one.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: bugo on March 17, 2019, 06:45:53 PM

Do you know where the shift keys are? There are two in case you lose one.
I'm wooshing.

Brian556

Whole milk is the only kind I like.
I am lactose intolerant, so it make me go, but, then again, so does just about everything else, so what's the difference really?
Back in the 90's. my father had me try lactose-free milk, it didn't help
2%.1% or skim milk is nasty. It looks like paint washout to me.
Almond milk is nasty too.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.