News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Buc-ees outside of Texas.

Started by roadman65, June 07, 2019, 10:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20180109/daytona-buc-ees-mega-convenience-store-eyes-2019-opening

For those who live in Texas might be familiar with the store and gas station that has a beaver as its logo.   Now they have a store in AL and soon to be one in Daytona Beach, FL.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kevinb1994

Quote from: roadman65 on June 07, 2019, 10:37:37 PM
https://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20180109/daytona-buc-ees-mega-convenience-store-eyes-2019-opening

For those who live in Texas might be familiar with the store and gas station that has a beaver as its logo.   Now they have a store in AL and soon to be one in Daytona Beach, FL.
I read that article not too long after moving to JAX. Nice to have one within a hour's drive (however infrequent the trip may be, as Daytona isn't really that far out). Still not sure with what has been going on at the World Commerce Center (adjacent to the World Golf Village) outside of nearby St. Augustine, however.

cjk374

I liked the Buc-ees I went to near Terrell. I drove by the new location on I-10 @ the (new) Foley Beach Expressway exit, and it was still under construction. I wonder if they sell Texas style or Alabama style BBQ at the new Buc-ees in AL?
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

roadman65

I heard their bathrooms are huge and always clean.

Sheryl Crowe

KEVIN_224

Is this more or less like the Texas version of Sheetz? We don't have any mega-convenience stores like that in CT. I'm tired of just 7-Eleven, Cumberland Farms and Citgo-Food Bag here in greater Hartford.

Brandon

That would be if a place like Sheetz had 96 gas pumps.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

TheHighwayMan3561

I went to a couple in Texas. One was near Temple off I-35, the other was on US 59 somewhere, near Victoria maybe. I had heard of Buc-ee's and had a vague idea of what it entailed before but I was still stunned at this supermarket-sized travel center.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

roadman65

Quote from: Brandon on June 08, 2019, 09:44:28 PM
That many?  I heard Terrell has 84 and 74 stalls in the restrooms.

Sheryl Crowe

nexus73

Beaver logo businesses in Texas?  Those should be in Oregon!  Next thing you know, those sneaky Longhorns will steal our Ducks too...LOL!

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

-- US 175 --

Quote from: roadman65 on June 08, 2019, 10:47:14 PM

The location chart on the Buc-ee's Wikipedia page shows upwards of 100-120 at some locations.  I saw a post at a non-road forum a while back from someone that stopped at the one on I-45 in Madisonville, and all their pumps were busy--with lines at each!  It's amazing the level of popularity of their stores, and it doesn't seem to fade anywhere.

Road Hog

Quote from: -- US 175 -- on June 09, 2019, 02:49:38 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on June 08, 2019, 10:47:14 PM

The location chart on the Buc-ee's Wikipedia page shows upwards of 100-120 at some locations.  I saw a post at a non-road forum a while back from someone that stopped at the one on I-45 in Madisonville, and all their pumps were busy--with lines at each!  It's amazing the level of popularity of their stores, and it doesn't seem to fade anywhere.
My first stop at a Buc-ee's was at that exact store on the Friday before Christmas. There wasn't a line at the pump, but the inside of the store was absolutely packed. I was going to snag some Beaver Nuggets but took three steps inside and changed my mind.

There's a brand-new Buc-ee's in Melissa that's closer to me and I'll visit at some quiet point in the year. I want to get the T-shirt too.

roadman65

I see they have a big wall of Beef Jerky.  How many flavors could they possibly be to fill a wall?

Are their stores really the size of a supermarket?

Sheryl Crowe

Brandon

Quote from: roadman65 on June 11, 2019, 11:43:18 PM
I see they have a big wall of Beef Jerky.  How many flavors could they possibly be to fill a wall?

Yes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buc-ee%27s
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

-- US 175 --

Quote from: roadman65 on June 11, 2019, 11:43:18 PM

This article counted more than 20 types at the north Fort Worth location when it opened.
https://www.dallasobserver.com/restaurants/what-to-eat-and-what-not-to-eat-at-the-new-fort-worth-buc-ees-8332931

The New Braunfels location is 67,000 sq. ft., their biggest, and supposedly biggest convenience store in the world.

There are many *many* YouTube vids from curious customers:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=buc-ee%27s

hbelkins

Kentucky may be added to this list. It was reported on one of the Lexington television stations this evening that Buc-ee's is looking into locating at an exit off I-75 in Madison County.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

ftballfan

In March, I saw a billboard advertising one coming soon on I-75 near Warner Robins, GA

Scott5114

Rumors always abound of Buc-ee's building a location in Oklahoma, but they seem to always end up being someone's wish-fulfillment fantasy. The same happens with In-N-Out (to the extent that someone once put up a fraudulent In-N-Out "COMING SOON!" sign in OKC).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

In_Correct

I have been a Buc-ee's customer since I switched to NON Ethanol gas, and need to find the gas stations.

It is a problem many of the other NON Ethanol gas stations are small, limited hours, and "Pay Inside Only".

Buc-ee's will not expand in Oklahoma. The Chickasaw Travel (equivalent NON ethanol chain) would be annoyed.

Buc-ee's in Decatur, Wichita Falls, and other places along U.S. 287 would be nice.

I have not went inside a Buc-ee's. If it is that busy, I am afraid to.

Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

Scott5114

Quote from: In_Correct on July 24, 2020, 10:10:47 PM
Bucc-ee's will not expand in Oklahoma. The Chickasaw Travel (equivalent NON ethanol chain) would be annoyed.

CTS is nowhere near the level of a Buc-ees, and could not effectively compete with Buc-ees. The only advantage CTS has over Buc-ees is that they're allowed to put slot machines in, like they did in Paoli. That, and the Chickasaws are willing to dump an endless stream of money into a failing business to prop it up.

–a Chickasaw employee, until six hours ago

hbelkins

Quote from: In_Correct on July 24, 2020, 10:10:47 PM
I have been a Buc-ee's customer since I switched to NON Ethanol gas, and need to find the gas stations.

How does Buc-ee's gas price compare to others? Pure gas is usually significantly more expensive than gas with ethanol.

And I'm curious as to where they will get their gas for their Kentucky location. I've seen a Sheetz tanker leaving the refinery in Catlettsburg, Ky., heading across the bridge into West Virginia, presumably to service the Sheetz stations that have sprung up along the I-64 corridor between Huntington and Charleston. I wonder if they'll buy their gas from Marathon-Ashland, as do most of the retailers around here no matter what brand they sell, or if they'll truck it all the way from Texas.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

clong

Buc-ees in Leeds, AL (just east of Birmingham on I-20) is currently under construction.

cjk374

Quote from: clong on July 25, 2020, 08:54:50 PM
Buc-ees in Leeds, AL (just east of Birmingham on I-20) is currently under construction.

WHAAAAT????? Now I gotta come through B'ham en route to Huntsville instead of using AL 69 at Tuscaloosa? Oh the sacrifice! 😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣

Btw...has anyone been in the new Buc'ees in Baldwin County AL on I-10 yet? Still wondering what/what's style of bbq they are serving (TX or AL).
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

STLmapboy

Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

Scott5114

Quote from: STLmapboy on July 26, 2020, 08:30:08 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on July 24, 2020, 10:17:25 PM
–a Chickasaw employee, until six hours ago

I'm sorry man.

Hey, I managed to save myself. I'm sorry for the ones that are still there.

TravelingBethelite

Buc-ee's must get insane discounts on buying their gas in bulk. The other night, Thursday or Friday I think, I paid $1.39 a gallon ($19.05 for 13.7 gallons) at their location in Ennis when the price everywhere else in the area is north of $1.75. A couple weeks ago their price was still as low as $1.29 a gallon.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.