News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Songs you were afraid of

Started by bandit957, December 03, 2019, 10:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: capt.ron on February 14, 2021, 05:16:06 PM
Pink Floyd's "On the run" always made me feel uneasy in a dark environment.
Red Rider's "Lunatic Fringe" starts out sounding like it belongs in a suspense thriller movie or something. Again, unsettling in a dark environment.
The Who's "Won't get fooled again" was another one that kinda freaked me out when I first heard it. The organ through the LFO filter was kinda creepy to me back then.
Pink Floyd: "Careful with that axe, Eugene!" Ummm yeah, not in a dark room, especially if you never heard the number before!

pink floyd's 'one of these days' used to creep me out... the bassline at the beginning almost seems like some creature awakening and running.. after me.

course.. could have been the .... other actvities i was doing at the time, too..
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

webny99

Great song, but the music video for "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons really spooks me.

ce929wax

I forget who the sponsor was, but back in the early 1990s, there would be this loud disturbing music and a long blue graphic that would happen sometimes after a soap opera.  I want to say it was Proctor and Gamble,  but I don't know if they would sponsor soap operas.

GCrites

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on May 27, 2021, 07:51:07 AM

pink floyd's 'one of these days' used to creep me out... the bassline at the beginning almost seems like some creature awakening and running.. after me.

course.. could have been the .... other actvities i was doing at the time, too..

I always picture the bass throbbing a set of power lines like the power lines are the bass strings.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.