News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Missouri

Started by Revive 755, April 22, 2009, 12:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkman417

On top of these roundabouts, MoDOT is doing a similar setup to this project's option two in Marshfield at I-44 Mile 103.

There are going to be three new roundabouts between Springfield and Willard on the 60 MPH, four-lane US-160.

US71

Quote from: ozarkman417 on April 26, 2020, 08:06:34 PM
On top of these roundabouts, MoDOT is doing a similar setup to this project's option two in Marshfield at I-44 Mile 103.

There are going to be three new roundabouts between Springfield and Willard on the 60 MPH, four-lane US-160.

MoDOT has a roundabout fetish.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

STLmapboy

Quote from: US71 on April 26, 2020, 08:22:04 PM

It could be worse. It could be Wisconsin.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

Great Lakes Roads

Quote from: STLmapboy on May 05, 2020, 12:04:41 PM
Quote from: US71 on April 26, 2020, 08:22:04 PM

It could be worse. It could be Wisconsin.

Or it could be Indiana as well.

kphoger

MoDOT's fetish is DDIs.  Roundabouts are just a hobby.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US71

Quote from: kphoger on May 06, 2020, 12:20:33 PM

They also like the J-Turn

mvak36

Quote from: US71 on May 07, 2020, 01:16:07 PM

They do lol. I think there are at least 2 or 3 on US50 just on the stretch from east of Lee's Summit to Warrensburg, with another one on the way. They also just added a bunch of them on MO13 between Clinton and Springfield in the past few years.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

STLmapboy

Quote from: mvak36 on May 07, 2020, 02:13:04 PM
Quote from: US71 on May 07, 2020, 01:16:07 PM

They do lol. I think there are at least 2 or 3 on US50 just on the stretch from east of Lee's Summit to Warrensburg, with another one on the way. They also just added a bunch of them on MO13 between Clinton and Springfield in the past few years.

Near St. Louis (around 141 and 44) they've put jughandles on 141 as well. It was one to begin with (the Vance/Forest intersection) and I think they're putting another south of 44.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

Revive 755

Quote from: STLmapboy on May 10, 2020, 10:03:59 PM
Near St. Louis (around 141 and 44) they've put jughandles on 141 as well. It was one to begin with (the Vance/Forest intersection) and I think they're putting another south of 44.

The ones on MO 141 in Valley Park are more of a Michigan left.  MO 100 at Barrett Station and some of the intersections on US 67 north of US 40 are jughandles.

STLmapboy

Quote from: Revive 755 on May 10, 2020, 10:10:59 PM
Quote from: STLmapboy on May 10, 2020, 10:03:59 PM

The ones on MO 141 in Valley Park are more of a Michigan left.  MO 100 at Barrett Station and some of the intersections on US 67 north of US 40 are jughandles.

Right, my bad.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

mvak36

Looking at the meeting minutes from the MHTC on April 1, 2020, it looks like they added a project to the Governor's Cost Share program. They awarded Sikeston $2.05 million for the Route 60 and Ingram Road Overpass and Outer Road Improvements project. This looks to be like another project on the Future I-57 corridor but I can't find any information on it.

Governor's Cost Share projects list (updated)

EDIT: They've also posted the videos of the last two MHTC meetings. https://www.modot.org/meeting-datesagendas. Hopefully they continue to do that moving forward even after the quarantine is over.

mvak36

Quote from: edwaleni on April 22, 2020, 03:52:19 PM
Quote from: ozarkman417 on April 22, 2020, 01:35:31 PM
MODOT has two different proposed concepts for the MO 125 and US 60 interchange at their new virtual public meeting. Each has their own advantages and disadvantages. Concept three is a partial cloverleaf with roundabouts on both sides, while concept two is a diamond interchange with roundabouts on both sides, but this one will be away from the existing junction.
https://www.modot.org/route-60-route-125-interchange
Which design do you think is the best for this interchange? I'm going to go with concept two, based on the advantages/disadvantages document found on the linked page.

I think it will confuse the elderly.  The roundabouts have to be able to support 40 foot semi trailers and this route sees a large number of trucks, if service facilities are built nearby.

There are enough videos on You Tube showing mayhem of cars trying to navigate ROW on a roundabout with a semi involved.
They have chosen Concept #2 for this interchange.

https://www.modot.org/node/18818
QuoteRogersville, Greene County — As a result of comments received during a virtual (online) public meeting held April 22 through May 6 and other feedback from the community, the Missouri Department of Transportation will build a new interchange approximately 1/3 of a mile east of the existing U.S. Route 60/Missouri Route 125 intersection near Rogersville.

The interchange is needed to improve safety along Route 60. The project will remove the traffic signal which has been the scene of many crashes, including some severe as well as one fatality crash. By removing the traffic signal, congestion along Route 60 during higher traffic volume times also will be reduced.

Nearly 200 people responded to questions during the April-May virtual public meeting. MoDOT requested input on two possible options for building a new interchange.

The survey results along with a frequently asked questions document which addresses comments received during the virtual meeting along with the plans for the new interchange can be viewed on the project website: Route 60 at Route 125 Interchange

Three public meetings over the course of two years gathered input from the public as well as nearby businesses, property owners and community leaders to help pick the best option for the safety improvements.

Construction of the new interchange will take place in 2022-2023.

The estimated total project cost is $22 million.

Revive 755

Quote from: mvak36 on May 17, 2020, 11:59:44 AM

Although MoDOT has funding issues, I don't care for the large jog MO 125 gets with Concept 2.

Quote from: mvak36 on May 11, 2020, 10:31:18 PM
Looking at the meeting minutes from the MHTC on April 1, 2020, it looks like they added a project to the Governor's Cost Share program. They awarded Sikeston $2.05 million for the Route 60 and Ingram Road Overpass and Outer Road Improvements project. This looks to be like another project on the Future I-57 corridor but I can't find any information on it.

While the Ingram Road overpass could be for the I-57 upgrades, I suspect it may be more for a proposed development.

Consider the other areas with known safety problems that need funding for upgrades, such as US 61 between Wentzville and Troy, US 61 at New London, and probably a few other expressway segments elsewhere in Missouri (US 67 south of Crystal City perhaps),  the upgrades between Poplar Bluff and Sikeston should be lower on the priority list IMHO.

mvak36

Quote from: Revive 755 on May 17, 2020, 12:53:40 PM
Quote from: mvak36 on May 17, 2020, 11:59:44 AM

Although MoDOT has funding issues, I don't care for the large jog MO 125 gets with Concept 2.

Quote from: mvak36 on May 11, 2020, 10:31:18 PM

While the Ingram Road overpass could be for the I-57 upgrades, I suspect it may be more for a proposed development.

Consider the other areas with known safety problems that need funding for upgrades, such as US 61 between Wentzville and Troy, US 61 at New London, and probably a few other expressway segments elsewhere in Missouri (US 67 south of Crystal City perhaps),  the upgrades between Poplar Bluff and Sikeston should be lower on the priority list IMHO.
The design for that interchange seems like overkill. I still think a diamond or DDI would probably work there.

I agree with you regarding the future I-57 stuff. I don't think MODOT needs to do anything till Arkansas is getting close to finishing their section.  I'd like to see them build the Hannibal bypass along with the US61 projects you mentioned before any upgrades on US60.

kphoger

Quote from: Revive 755 on May 17, 2020, 12:53:40 PM

That was my first thought too.  But, upon further reflection, I realized I've never used MO-125 as a straight-through route there, and I've hardly ever seen a driver doing so either.  It's my experience that most people are getting on or off US-60 at that point.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MikieTimT

Out for a drive today after a job and drove through Noel, MO on MO-90 after stopping at the state tri-point nearby to take an obligatory video of myself touching 3 states simultaneously.  After driving under the edge of a bluff there (https://goo.gl/maps/BPYcsBCMvPMaoE4CA), I noticed a mobile VMS that stated that MO-90 was going to be closed down starting 7/2020, so they're fixing to start construction on the Bella Vista Bypass (I-49) interchange in a few weeks.  Finally Missouri!

US71

Quote from: MikieTimT on May 18, 2020, 04:49:30 PM
Out for a drive today after a job and drove through Noel, MO on MO-90 after stopping at the state tri-point nearby to take an obligatory video of myself touching 3 states simultaneously.  After driving under the edge of a bluff there (https://goo.gl/maps/BPYcsBCMvPMaoE4CA), I noticed a mobile VMS that stated that MO-90 was going to be closed down starting 7/2020, so they're fixing to start construction on the Bella Vista Bypass (I-49) interchange in a few weeks.  Finally Missouri!

I didn't think 90 would be closed so soon. MoDOT must be working quickly.  IIRC, this will only be for a few week before it's reopened.

mvak36

Quote from: US71 on May 18, 2020, 05:12:53 PM

I didn't think 90 would be closed so soon. MoDOT must be working quickly.  IIRC, this will only be for a few week before it's reopened.

They are working pretty fast. According to this news release from mid-April, it will be closed for up to 101 days and it wasn't supposed to start till mid to late July. I might have to make a trip down there this fall sometime (and also check out the tri state markers) :).

MikieTimT

It didn't have much traffic on it mid-day when I drove it, but H isn't too terribly long of a detour anyway, and more scenic since it hugs the Elk River most of the way.

MikieTimT

Quote from: mvak36 on May 18, 2020, 05:25:34 PM

They are working pretty fast. According to this news release from mid-April, it will be closed for up to 101 days and it wasn't supposed to start till mid to late July. I might have to make a trip down there this fall sometime (and also check out the tri state markers) :).

Not as fast as some forward looking speculators.  Noted a rather large sign on MO-90 where the interchange is going offering a rather large tract of land for sale, so somebody's getting ready to cash in.

US71

I'm a bit disappointed that ODOT removed most of the 20/43 duplex.  :(

MikieTimT

Quote from: US71 on May 18, 2020, 06:21:19 PM

You mean that I can no longer straddle the center line and rack up mile after mile in 2 states simultaneously! :-o

ozarkman417

Quote from: MikieTimT on May 18, 2020, 06:29:18 PM
Quote from: US71 on May 18, 2020, 06:21:19 PM

You mean that I can no longer straddle the center line and rack up mile after mile in 2 states simultaneously! :-o
That's a shame, I haven't even been to the state tripoint yet. If I ever go down to the bypass I'll probably check it out. When you say most, do you know what section(s) remain?

US71

The road is still there, trip-point is still there, but the signage has changed

It's no longer 20/43, just 20

MikieTimT

Quote from: US71 on May 18, 2020, 07:42:36 PM
The road is still there, trip-point is still there, but the signage has changed

It's no longer 20/43, just 20

That same sign was there yesterday. I have video evidence and just consulted it!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.