News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Project News from New Jersey

Started by njroadhorse, June 09, 2009, 04:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

Atlantic City Expressway might eventually go electronic  http://www.tollroadsnews.com/node/4246
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

Already posted this in the NJTP widening thread but since it also includes Garden State Pkwy widening I decided to post it here too  http://www.tollroadsnews.com/node/4252
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Alps

1: NJ 42 is not tolled.  ACE is NJ 445 (secret).
2: Yep, Parkway widening from Ints 63-80 is starting up now.  Ints 30-63 will be further down the line.  Of course, 6-9 Widening (Tpk) is the big one so the Pkwy takes second fiddle while that goes on.

Alex

NJRoadfan

Elevated NJ-55? Talk about a pipe dream. Might as well build the Somerset Freeway while we are at it. Somehow I don't think the SJTA would build and run it, it would be logical for the NJTPA however since it would link to one of their toll facilities.

njroadhorse

I believe NJ 55 needs to reach Cape May County.  Perhaps not elevated, but either way, it needs to meet the Parkway.
NJ Roads FTW!
Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 30, 2009, 04:04:11 PM
I-99... the Glen Quagmire of interstate routes??

Roadgeek Adam

Build Route 60 then :P

Route 55 has been a walking disaster. Remember, it was planned as an Atlantic City Expwy type road.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Nexis4Jersey

You know what we need in North Jersey is Route 20 to wrap around to reach into Downtown Paterson, it would be a great connection , were it currently ends is terrible , i think it was planned to reach into Downtown Paterson but ran out of money!

Roadgeek Adam

Not going to happen. 19 and 120 have done the job. Paterson doesn't wnat it
Adam Seth Moss

Alps

The extension of 19 has helped, but NJDOT is not going to destroy the Paterson riverfront or any other urban environment to build more highway.  I have not seen Broadway at rush hour, but an improved 20/4 connection may help with downtown access.  I'd want to see that get drawn up.

Alex

Traffic circle to be eliminated in N.J.

QuoteConstruction has begun on a project that ultimately will erase the Somers Point Circle used by thousands of shorebound motorists to enter Ocean City.

Officials broke ground here Friday on the $251 million second phase of the N.J. 52 causeway between Ocean City and Somers Point. Workers are to replace lift bridges at each end of the causeway, eliminate the traffic circle and upgrade MacArthur Boulevard in Somers Point.

mightyace

My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

njroadhorse

Oh goodie!  Another one eliminated!  Now to get rid of the US 206/NJ 70 one...  X-(
NJ Roads FTW!

Roadgeek Adam

Here we go. :| The Somers Point. I wonder what's next? General Circle?
Adam Seth Moss

njroadhorse

Quote from: Roadgeek_Adam on October 06, 2009, 05:04:32 PM
Here we go. :| The Somers Point. I wonder what's next? General Circle?
Nah, probably the Collingswood or Brunswick Circles.
NJ Roads FTW!

Alps

Collingswood is correct.  I'd be surprised if Brunswick is supposed to be replaced - it's not on a major artery anymore.

TXtoNJ

You're not talking US 30-130, are you? That one has already been fully converted to a modified jughandle.

mightyace

My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

njroadhorse

NJ Roads FTW!

Alps

Quote from: njroadhorse on October 24, 2009, 09:52:08 PM
Quote from: mightyace on October 22, 2009, 11:25:03 PM
SJTA looks at expressway spur to Atlantic City Airport
Interesting, never sure why it didn't happen a while ago.
Only in recent years has the idea taken off (pun) of using alternative airports for lower fares.  The Port Authority plans for quite a bit of growth at Stewart Airport, to hopefully become NYC's fourth airport.  Providence has seen major growth at TF Green and is extending commuter rail there from Providence (and that's Boston's system).  Several years ago, people flew into AC at Bader Field, and very few of those people were flying commercially.  An expressway makes a lot more sense now than it did to planners before.

njroadhorse

Just found this now, but the NJ 36 bridge to Sandy Hook is in the midst of a replacement, hopefully done by 2011
http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/commuter/roads/route36highlands/
NJ Roads FTW!

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: AlpsROADS on July 16, 2009, 10:30:20 PM
1: NJ 42 is not tolled.  ACE is NJ 445 (secret).
2: Yep, Parkway widening from Ints 63-80 is starting up now.  Ints 30-63 will be further down the line.  Of course, 6-9 Widening (Tpk) is the big one so the Pkwy takes second fiddle while that goes on.

445 is the Palisades. Check your designations. 446 is the ACE
Adam Seth Moss

Scott5114

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 25, 2009, 01:00:29 AM
Only in recent years has the idea taken off (pun) of using alternative airports for lower fares.

Southwest Airlines is one of the key drivers of this trend, being as they started out of Love Field in Dallas and bases their fare structure around always flying into the smaller airport. If you're flying into Chicago, you're going to Midway.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.