News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Central Susquehanna Valley Road Meet April 2018

Started by jpi, December 18, 2017, 11:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have narrowed down to 2 Saturdays in April 2018, hopefully no snow this time unlike April 2016

Saturday April 21
8 (57.1%)
Saturday April 28
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: February 16, 2018, 11:21:56 PM

briantroutman

I assume this will be OK but just wanted to mention: My wife is going out of town unexpectedly to attend a funeral (father of a friend), so I'll have to bring my toddler daughter.

Brandon

^^ She'll get an early start on roadgeeking like Chris Lokken's daughter.  :sombrero:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

cl94

Quote from: Brandon on April 19, 2018, 06:50:30 PM
^^ She'll get an early start on roadgeeking like Chris Lokken's daughter.  :sombrero:

We've certainly had a few young kids at meets.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

jpi

Quote from: briantroutman on April 19, 2018, 05:25:54 PM
I assume this will be OK but just wanted to mention: My wife is going out of town unexpectedly to attend a funeral (father of a friend), so I'll have to bring my toddler daughter.
No Problem, like everyone else said, great way to start them out in the hobby :nod:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

noelbotevera

Quote from: briantroutman on April 19, 2018, 05:25:54 PM
Looks like I'm not the only young person there.

Anyways, I'm updating to let y'all know my brother will be coming along. He's about five years older than me (turns 19 on June 27th).
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

briantroutman

I had a great time at the meet and enjoyed meeting some of you for the first time as well as seeing some familiar faces from before.

Sorry I missed the last stop–I approached the scenic overlook thinking that the group wouldn't be there...and then caught a glimpse of the group, but too late to turn in. By the time I made it to the next jughandle down the hill, turned around, then turned around again at the jughandle on top of the hill, everyone was gone.

If anyone has the group photo and would like to post a link to it here, I'd appreciate it. I'm not on Facebook, so unfortunately I've missed out on anything that has been shared there since the meet.

baugh17

Here you go...

Quote from: briantroutman on April 23, 2018, 02:57:57 PM
I had a great time at the meet and enjoyed meeting some of you for the first time as well as seeing some familiar faces from before.

Sorry I missed the last stop–I approached the scenic overlook thinking that the group wouldn't be there...and then caught a glimpse of the group, but too late to turn in. By the time I made it to the next jughandle down the hill, turned around, then turned around again at the jughandle on top of the hill, everyone was gone.

If anyone has the group photo and would like to post a link to it here, I'd appreciate it. I'm not on Facebook, so unfortunately I've missed out on anything that has been shared there since the meet.

froggie

Was I the only one who departed before the meet photo?

(and, BTW, it was a good thing I did...as it was, didn't get home until close to 11pm)

jpi

Quote from: baugh17 on April 25, 2018, 10:20:57 PM
Here you go...

Stephanie and I made it back from PA fine the other night, for those who attended the Central Susquehanna Valley Road Meet we are very glad you all came out and had a nice time. The weather was great, we had no problems at our stops including the stub end of the Selinsgrove by-pass where we had our group photo.

We had a grand total of 29 people show up for the meet lunch at Hoss's making this the largest meet turn out (lunch portion) since my York, PA based meet in April 2016, getting ever so close to breaking the all time record set by Steve Alpert's Baltimore meet in April 2010.
Attendees came from PA, MD, OH, MA, NJ, NY, GA, IL, VT, TN and even Ontario, Canada

Pictured is the official meet group pic, not pictured but attended lunch is my wife Stephanie Stine Ilyes, Meryl Rose, Adam Froehlig, Brandon Penney and Paul DiGianfrancesco.Also a big shout out to Dan Murphy for bringing the road meet tour to his YouTube channel. I plan on posting re pics from this trip along with my recent Dallas Texas trip.

Again it was great seeing and hanging out with everyone, I am aiming at Spring 2020 for another central PA based meet that will be anchored by the Shrewsbury diverging diamond interchange construction and see the finished Mt Rose Ave interchange and some other items of interest.  :bigass:
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.