News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Pittsburgh to Bethany Beach, DE

Started by Hoss6884, July 16, 2018, 01:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoss6884

For those of you that travel or live in Delmarva, how viable is heading south on US 13 as an alternative of DE 1 with traffic?  I went down DE 1 from Bear a few years ago and got stuck in traffic as far north as Smyrna.  If I can get down to the northern terminus of US 113 at DE 1, then I'm set, but I didn't know about alternatives north of there.

I've got numerous times in the past few years but with traffic and two small boys, I'd like to make this as painless as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Mr_Northside

You're opting to head to Delmarva beaches from Pittsburgh that far north in Deleware?  I assume you're NOT taking the Bay Bridge? 
It's a free country, but that just seems a little nuts.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

Rothman

Hm.  Bay Bridge would be a better route to Rehoboth, for example.

Still, I used to head down to Bridgeville, DE from here in upstate NY and always took NJ Turnpike to US 13 to DE 1.  New Castle was the only holdup.  Never even thought of taking US 13 down.  Must be miserable to do that unless you just want to say you did it.

US 13 is intolerable north of the CBBT to US 113.  Lights flip red just to let one Farmer Joe pickup onto US 13.  Hate doing that when I must.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.