News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Manila Skyway 3 construction to be accelerated

Started by bing101, January 22, 2014, 10:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/01/22/14/skyway-3-construction-be-accelerated

Apparently on ABS-CBN News Skyway 3 in Manila is Supposed to be designed like the Old Cypress Freeway in Oakland, CA Before 1989. Its a Double Decker Freeway.

Double Decker Freeways are a Terrible idea in the Manila Area. Like San Francisco's CA-480 and Old Cypress Freeway in Oakland These are Freeways Built on landfill on Marsh Mud Bay Mud. And a West Valley Fault in the Philippines is Near Skyway 3.

sammi

I have a slightly relevant question. You would probably know.

They were planning to connect the two freeways (shown here in blue), but I didn't know they were doing it twice. :banghead: This is why I can't number them as one route (but then it's not like they're numbering anything at all >.>).

I've been trying to make sense of what I've read on SkyscraperCity, but I still can't figure it out. Which one is Skyway 3?

bing101

I am not in the philippines but as far as i know this freeway was supposed to be designed as old i-880 in oakland cypress freeway and its supposed to be within the manila area. Im shocked that the toll authorities chose the same design in the same conditions that old cypress was on a freeway on marsh mud and its bad for quakes

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.