News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Black Bun Whoppers Causing Green Bowel Movements

Started by Brian556, October 07, 2015, 12:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke87

Quote from: J N Winkler on October 07, 2015, 12:10:25 PM
Even three Oreos will turn stools jet-black.  Though I like them, I rarely eat them because they compromise the diagnostic value of stools (black stools are one symptom of bleeding in the colon).

I've eaten many more oreos than that in one sitting and never noticed any odd fecal coloring resulting from it.

Of course different people's bodies have different capacities to break down certain substances, so YMMV with this sort of thing.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

GaryV

kphoger

Quote from: Duke87 on October 07, 2015, 06:53:53 PMfecal coloring

All right. The AARoads Forum has now reached its zenith. Do we even bother keeping it going?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: Pete from Boston on October 07, 2015, 04:43:12 PM
Make a mental note when you eat beets so you avoid a panicked call to the doctor the next day.

Forgot the details:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beeturia

J N Winkler

Some types of Golden Delicious apple have a quite astonishing ability to make you think you have diabetes and a bladder infection--the symptoms of which all go away when you change to a less sweet cultivar like Gala.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

triplemultiplex

Print it out and put it up in the restroom at work.  :awesomeface:
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

english si

Quote from: GaryV on October 07, 2015, 08:52:56 PMLicorice
Certainly it has a laxative effect (and there's other issues with eating too much), but it doesn't turn you poop black. Trust me, I've been close to ODing on liquorice before.
Quote from: J N Winkler on October 07, 2015, 11:54:36 PM
Some types of Golden Delicious apple have a quite astonishing ability to make you think you have diabetes and a bladder infection--the symptoms of which all go away when you change to a less sweet cultivar like Gala.
Golden Delicious are the worst apples - they taste of next to nothing, and have a horrible mushy texture (like type 5 in the above diagram!). Everything gets better if you stop eating them!

Scott5114

Quote from: Jardine on October 07, 2015, 10:22:23 AM
IIRC, the dye used was squid ink.

I'd like to try squid ink, but I don't think it can be procured without hurting the squid, which I would prefer to avoid because I rather like them as animals. (I did eat calamari once, though. It was okay.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Pete from Boston

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 08, 2015, 08:14:51 AM

I'd like to try squid ink, but I don't think it can be procured without hurting the squid, which I would prefer to avoid because I rather like them as animals. (I did eat calamari once, though. It was okay.)

Similarly, the only animal I feel bad about eating is cuttlefish, because they are such spectacularly interesting animals.

Jardine

Quote from: Pete from Boston on October 08, 2015, 10:03:48 AM

Similarly, the only animal I feel bad about eating is cuttlefish, because they are such spectacularly interesting animals.

cuttlefish and asparagus ?

Scott5114

All of the cephalopods (cuttlefish, squid, octopus) are really interesting. Octopuses in particular are extremely intelligent and can display very human-like behavior. I saw a story from someone who owned an octopus that had somehow managed to get a hold of a bendy straw to play with. The owner was concerned that the octopus would injure itself and took the straw away. The octopus would, for the next week, very pointedly turn and face the corner of the tank whenever the owner entered the room.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

PHLBOS

FWIW, I stopped by the BK near me last night and noticed that the Halloween Whopper is no longer listed on their menu by the cash registers (though a window poster still remained).  I'm guessing that they've stopped offering it and are dropping/dropped it.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

allniter89

Everyone probably knows eating asparagus makes your pee smell like asparagus.---
I once ate a large number of green grapes & had a  bm shortly after. My poop was green, it freaked me out.
I got online to investigate, it turned out to be normal b/c my stomach hadnt properly digested the grapes so I cancelled the ambulance  :-D
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

hbelkins

I think I read somewhere that one feature of the Halloween Whopper was that it has A1 sauce on it.

First place I ever saw that offered A1 as a condiment on a burger was Five Guys. That's what I usually get on my burger anytime I go to Five Guys.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

empirestate

How have we gotten this far into the thread without anybody pointing out that "black bun whoppers" could refer to both the cause and the effect?

"Honey, I ate too many black-bun Whoppers, and now I got me a turrible case of the black bun-whoppers!" (Read it in a Hank Hill voice, it's funnier.)

SteveG1988

Quote from: hbelkins on October 09, 2015, 10:11:45 PM
I think I read somewhere that one feature of the Halloween Whopper was that it has A1 sauce on it.

First place I ever saw that offered A1 as a condiment on a burger was Five Guys. That's what I usually get on my burger anytime I go to Five Guys.

The A1 is in the bun itself. Baked in
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

TheHighwayMan3561

I don't like eating lamb or veal because of the meat coming from baby animals. The tastes of those foods don't do much for me though anyway, so I don't feel torn about not eating those.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

SteveG1988

Before:

Working on the after

Note To Admins, this is fake, it is a prank someone did online, it is really a baby ruth candy bar in a toilet bowl.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Pete from Boston

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on October 10, 2015, 02:50:15 AM

I don't like eating lamb or veal because of the meat coming from baby animals. The tastes of those foods don't do much for me though anyway, so I don't feel torn about not eating those.

The veal industry has a serious image problem from the stories out there of how it treats the calves.  Lamb is one of the most delicious things on earth to me.  Neither one gives me a stronger feeling of guilt than eating adult animals, because I suspect the animals all equally dislike being killed. 

Now, when a lamb starts turning its fur the color of the ground at any given moment, we'll talk.

iPhone

english si

In the US, lamb refers to any ovine meat - including what other English-speakers would call mutton.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: english si on October 10, 2015, 11:10:25 AM
In the US, lamb refers to any ovine meat - including what other English-speakers would call mutton.

We do have mutton that is referred to as such.

english si

Quote from: Pete from Boston on October 10, 2015, 11:33:01 AMWe do have mutton that is referred to as such.
Yes, but the US authorities don't demand it (and haven't since 2010).

SteveG1988

Oh man, they weren't kidding

After:

It's split pea soup.
Roads Clinched

noelbotevera

Quote from: SteveG1988 on October 11, 2015, 09:30:06 PM
Oh man, they weren't kidding

After:

It's split pea soup.
I remember this quote from Spongebob Squarepants.

"What can we get for a dollar?"
"With $1 you can get this fake dollar, to (don't remember)"
"Nah. What else do you have?"
"Fake vomit"
"No."
"Real vomit?"
"Ew."
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.