News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Central States / Re: Missouri
Last post by afguy - Today at 06:26:33 PM
The Missouri Senate is now taking their turn with the budget. So far funding for Amtrak service between Kansas City and St. Joseph and adding a third daily train between St. Louis and Kansas City have been nixed. The senate plan would however provide $60 million to go toward the conversion of U.S. 67 near Poplar Bluff into I-57. Also, Senator Lincoln Hough, who chairs the Senate Appropriations Committee, said changes would be made to the House plan for funding I-44 expansion. Now whether that means more money for the plan or not remains to be seen.

Missouri Senate weighs in on budget, adds highway funding and raises for low-income workers
QuoteAfter months of waiting, the Senate Appropriations Committee's work marks the beginning of the final push toward passage of a massive package of bills that keep state government operating, with money for schools, roads and social services.

Among changes promised by Sen. Lincoln Hough, R-Springfield, who chairs the powerful panel, is the restoration of Gov. Mike Parson's call for universities to get a 3% increase in their state funding, up from the 2% level endorsed by the House.

Hough also said the Senate version will offer a different approach to improving Interstate 44. The House budget called for $728 million to widen the heavily traveled, cross-state route in key spots near Springfield, Joplin and Rolla."Governor Parson and I met last week to discuss the plan and we agreed on some changes," Hough said.

Also on tap is the expansion of U.S. Route 67 near Poplar Bluff to pave the way for transforming the roadway into Interstate 57 to the Missouri-Arkansas border. The Senate plan would bring spending on the expansion to $60 million with the possibility of additional federal dollars on the way.

Left by the wayside is a request by the Missouri Department of Transportation to add Amtrak service from Kansas City to St. Joseph and Kansas City to southwest Missouri.

The $38 million passenger rail plan also would have added a third daily train between St. Louis and Kansas City, but neither the House nor Senate funded the idea.

The Senate proposal, which will be debated at the committee level over the next two to three days, will give more than 40,000 state employees 3.2% raises, as was recommended by the governor.
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/government-politics/missouri-senate-weighs-in-on-budget-adds-highway-funding-and-raises-for-low-income-workers/article_3e2402ca-01b6-11ef-a743-a351d387c3a2.html#tracking-source=home-top-story
The thing about 316 is that the road actually was marked as IL 316 from 1963 to 1981.

Here in Montgomery County, old US 66 is marked with those signs as 934.
Sports / Re: Hockey
Last post by Stephane Dumas - Today at 06:17:35 PM
If the NY Islanders beat the Carolina Hurricanes, they could be a good candidate for the title of the Cinderella team this year.
Pacific Southwest / Re: CA 203
Last post by Max Rockatansky - Today at 06:11:55 PM
I believe both were intended to be freeway/expressway all the way to the crest of the Sierra Nevada range.  Stuff like the freeway alignment which was intended to replace the Priest Grade were wild to read about in the CHPWs.
Besides the common answers of Key Bridge and I-95 North Philly incidents, the only other ones I can think of are NY-218 and the NY-28N bridge over Fishing Brook before they washed out over this past summer.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by wdcrft63 - Today at 05:52:36 PM
Thurgood Marshall, the Supreme Court justice, was born in Baltimore.
So IL 905 is still a thing right off of I-474??  (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10219520080833154&set=a.10219520161635174)

Exit being referenced to:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.